unable to capture DV using ATI AIW 8500DV and Windows MovieMaker 2.

Old July 8th 03, 01:12 PM
J.Clarke

Default unable to capture DV using ATI AIW 8500DV and Windows MovieMaker 2.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:13:16 +0100
"Ian Roberts" wrote:

Hi

I have been unable to capture DV from my Panasonic NV-DS25.

I use the firewire socket on the flying lead from my ATI AIW 8500DV.

When I connect the firewire cable, Windows Movie Maker 2 starts and my
PC (running WinXP Pro SP1) correctly identifies the camera.

I can control the camera transport and I see the time readout but the
preview window is black. When I start the capture the tape runs but
the "Video Captured" time readout stays at zero. When I stop the
capture I get the error message: "Video was not captured correctly.
Verify that your camera and capture device are configured properly."

Any ideas what the problem could be and how I fix it?

Thanks for your time.

Get a PCI Firewire board. There are problems with accessing Firewire
via the AGP slot, and ATI seems to have given up on this.

Ian

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old July 10th 03, 12:49 PM
Ian Roberts

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:13:16 +0100
"Ian Roberts" wrote:

[...]

Hi John

Thanks for replying.

I'll give it a try. Fortunately I have a local shop which will let me
try a card out and return it if it doesnt solve the problem.

It's an irony that I can control the camcorder and see the time code
etc in fact everything except the image!!

I havent seen any info that document this problem and I havent seen
any posts in this NG which describe it either. Do you recall if there
any any web pages that refer to this?

Thanks again.

Ian