The rubber pads on my Amd 2400 are beging to wear any reason why ?

Old May 4th 04, 05:25 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default The rubber pads on my Amd 2400 are beging to wear any reason why ?

You know the rubber ones that stop your heatsink crushing your CPU
well i asume thats what their for.

Just the two facing the mainboard, one of them is realy warn no real
prob with the cpu so far works still

Any ideas what might cause this ?

Thanks.

Old May 4th 04, 09:12 AM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:25:56 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
wrote:

You know the rubber ones that stop your heatsink crushing your CPU
well i asume thats what their for.

They won't stop someone from crushing the core, but they are there to help
during installation (if thre MB is flat).

Just the two facing the mainboard, one of them is realy warn no real
prob with the cpu so far works still

Hmmm... There's 4 on mine. Well, there used to be anyway.:-)

Any ideas what might cause this ?

Things wear out. Also some HS's dont match up with a flat surface.
Replace them if it bothers you.

Old May 4th 04, 10:34 AM
Ben Pope

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
You know the rubber ones that stop your heatsink crushing your CPU
well i asume thats what their for.

Help... not stop.

Just the two facing the mainboard, one of them is realy warn no real
prob with the cpu so far works still

Any ideas what might cause this ?

If they are worn, that would indicate movement. Which is not good.

Be sure to check that the heatsink clip is tight, if not, you may be able to
bend it a little or put something under it, so that it must bend more. The
heatsink really doesn't want to move around.

Ben

Old May 5th 04, 12:42 AM
Ed Light

Screw YOU BITCH
It's probably ****ed off about you asking how to build a new machine for

the
past 12 months.. Ur wearing your processor down a little more every day.

Just filter him out.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old May 5th 04, 05:01 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

When i build my New machine i will, just waiting for the 64bit thing
to settle down and have some 64bit software Xp64 bit would be nice
somthing that will take advantageof the 64bit CPU, i see no point now.

And would like a board with PCI-E and a vidcard to go with it, DDR 3
RAM, ect ect ill give it another year and see what happens iam happy
with my PC now and seeno reason to upgrade just to make my pc maybe
30% faster and pay 3 grand for the privilage.

BYE.