Photos of VF700-Cu installed on a 6600GT AGP

Old January 28th 05, 10:00 AM
Obake

Default Photos of VF700-Cu installed on a 6600GT AGP

i couldn't stand the noisy fan any longer so installed a VF700-Cu on my
Albatron 6600GT AGP. Photos he

http://www.avidphotography.com/misc/Zalman%20VF700-Cu/

ran 3dmark03 and everything seems stable (except got a 5351 score with my
XP2400+ :/ (but it was this slow with stock HSF))
Old January 30th 05, 01:57 PM
Chubben

Nice ones.
Did the same with my XFX 6600GT. But I canīt decide if I should go for the
12V or the 5V connector. It looks like I get same temp. with either of them.
What are you using?
I also have the comp. in my bedroom.

/ C.

Old January 31st 05, 08:09 AM
Obake

In article , "Chubben" wrote:
Nice ones.
Did the same with my XFX 6600GT. But I canīt decide if I should go for the
12V or the 5V connector. It looks like I get same temp. with either of them.
What are you using?
I also have the comp. in my bedroom.

hey,

i had it on the 12v for the extra cooling, but i've just put it onto 5v to see
how it goes, and its fine so far. i do notice a bit less noise, but its not
really that great so i could put it back to 12v, but too lazy to open up the
case again

i've read one review on the vf700-Cu and it had temp readings that said the
vf700-Cu on 5v performed better then the stock cooler. so i might just leave
it on 5v.

i love the cooler so much i might replace my vantec CPU HSF with a zalman
Old January 31st 05, 03:58 PM
Chubben

Yeah, itīs a great cooler... But I must admit that I am a bit spoiled after
having used a VGA Silencer on my 9800Pro.

Iīll keep mine at 12V, and wait to see how it goes for you... =)
Cheers / C.

"Obake" skrev i meddelandet
u...

Old January 31st 05, 06:36 PM
DaveL

You could wire it in between the 12 and 5 volt rails for 7 volts.

DaveL

"Obake" wrote in message
u...

Old January 31st 05, 07:40 PM
Ed Light

Just got a note back from Arctic that they will not make a VGA Silencer for
the 6600GT AGP. One for the pci-e model is showing on their site - the
nvidia 6.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old February 1st 05, 04:09 AM
First of One

The outer ring of fins, being so far away from the core, can probably be
snipped off without any ill effects. :-)

With a drill and a tap, a very wide range of CPU heat sinks can be modded to
fit your video card:

http://www.mashie.org/casemods/oenone09.html

BIOS is not installed Jack General 2 January 30th 05 04:46 PM
Comments on 6600GT AGP Alex Nvidia Videocards 8 January 20th 05 06:35 AM
ATi 9800 Pro or GeForce 6600GT?! John Nvidia Videocards 2 January 3rd 05 02:34 PM
9800 Pro $205, 6600GT AGP $229 @ newegg ...D. Nvidia Videocards 0 December 10th 04 03:17 AM
Is it time for a new computer? Travis King Overclocking AMD Processors 12 July 6th 04 06:22 PM