8GPNXP DUO Boot Problem

Old June 25th 05, 08:35 PM
AKAeric

Default 8GPNXP DUO Boot Problem

I just upgraded my computer. New processor, Motherboard, and Graphics
Card.

Specs:
Intel P4 3.0GHz Socket T
Gigabyte GA-8GPNXP DUO
X800PRO 256MB 256-bit
1.5GB GeIL DDR3200
160GB Samsung IDE
20GB Quantum Fireball IDE
Sony DVD/R
500w Aspire PSU

I totally wiped the hard drive, overwrote everything with an IBM
program, and re-installed XP because I didn’t want to deal with it. It
booted to XP directly after install. Once i installed the motherboard
drivers i rebooted the machine. Now it gets as far as the XP splash
screen before it reboots, sometimes i don’t even see the splash
screen.

I’ve reinstalled XP twice, on two different hard drives, so I am
assume its a problem with the motherboard, but I don’t think its
broken. I’ve updated the BIOS.

Any help is appreciated, I just bought BF2 and I’m dying to play it.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict57957.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=292694