6800gt and Star Wars Galaxies

Old January 17th 05, 09:16 PM
Mark

Default 6800gt and Star Wars Galaxies

Has anyone got any experience of running swg with the 6800 gt? I ve got a
2.8 Pentium 4 and 1 gig of ram with a 1.5 mb cable connection but for the
life of me i can't get this game to go over 8fps. Ive tried lowering the in
game resolution, formatting the pc, defragraging the hard drive, lowering
the settings in the game, tried a variety of drivers and now on DNA 7124
drivers and it it still slow and sluggish.

Just wondered if others have experienced the same as i had no previous
problems with an ATI 9700 PRO?

Thanks

Mark

Old January 18th 05, 08:28 AM
Mark

would have been nice Anthony if you'd actually read it. Who said anything
about 86fps!!.It said 8fps.

Old January 18th 05, 08:57 PM
Robmeister

That game is driven a lot by connection lag, your location on the
planet or in space and the graphical settings you have setup in the
game. It's also locked at 30FPS so you'll never see anything higher
than that. You might try monkeying around with your graphics settings
in SWG to smooth things out. Threre is a chance that the game poked
your settings up when you switched cards.