compatible direct3d devices?

Old May 25th 04, 08:00 PM
PS

Default compatible direct3d devices?

Hello-

Does anybody know why we are getting these bogus messages from windows XP?

system: HP XW4100 pentium4 3.0GHz with Nvidia Quadro4-380 XGL graphics
driver: 52.16 and 56.72

attempt to use 3d Windows XP screensaver: "could not find any compatible
direct3d devices"

run dxdiag: all Direct3D tabs are greyed out.

Hardware Acceleration slider is already at "Full",

Already searched google and tried all suggestions, nothing gets Direct3D
back. Many people have experienced this problem, no solution in sight. These
are new systems, there is no reason that we should be seeing "could not find
any compatible direct3d devices" messages!

Thanks
PS

Old May 25th 04, 09:32 PM
cowboyz

PS wrote:
Hello-

Does anybody know why we are getting these bogus messages from
windows XP?

system: HP XW4100 pentium4 3.0GHz with Nvidia Quadro4-380 XGL graphics
driver: 52.16 and 56.72

attempt to use 3d Windows XP screensaver: "could not find any
compatible direct3d devices"

run dxdiag: all Direct3D tabs are greyed out.

Hardware Acceleration slider is already at "Full",

Already searched google and tried all suggestions, nothing gets
Direct3D back. Many people have experienced this problem, no solution
in sight. These are new systems, there is no reason that we should be
seeing "could not find any compatible direct3d devices" messages!

Thanks
PS

I would be looking at northbridge drivers.

Old May 25th 04, 11:03 PM
PS

"cowboyz" wrote in message
PS wrote:
Hello-

Does anybody know why we are getting these bogus messages from
windows XP?

system: HP XW4100 pentium4 3.0GHz with Nvidia Quadro4-380 XGL graphics
driver: 52.16 and 56.72

attempt to use 3d Windows XP screensaver: "could not find any
compatible direct3d devices"

run dxdiag: all Direct3D tabs are greyed out.

Hardware Acceleration slider is already at "Full",

Already searched google and tried all suggestions, nothing gets
Direct3D back. Many people have experienced this problem, no solution
in sight. These are new systems, there is no reason that we should be
seeing "could not find any compatible direct3d devices" messages!

Thanks
PS

I would be looking at northbridge drivers.

I downloaded and installed the latest Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation
Utility, but it didn't fix the problem. 3D Windows XP screensaver still
doesn't work, "could not find any compatible direct3d devices". dxdiag: all
Direct3D settings are greyed out.
any other ideas? Is there a better way to get at "northbridge" drivers?
thanks

Old May 26th 04, 01:39 AM
cowboyz

PS wrote:
"cowboyz" wrote in message
PS wrote:
[...]

that would have been my guess how to solve it. You could go to the
motherboard manufacturers website and download the AGP driver on its own and
see if you can install it.

failing that I don't know - hit it with a hammer.

Old May 26th 04, 10:06 PM
####

Have you been running NetMeeting?

Old May 27th 04, 09:33 PM
PS

"####" wrote in message
Have you been running NetMeeting?

as always netmeeting service set to disabled