Texture problems with games?

Old April 13th 04, 03:43 PM
Gaffer

Default Texture problems with games?

A few months ago I was able to play "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" with no
problems whatsoever. I am using a "Geforce 4 ti4200 8x" and the game ran
absolutely fine, no problems at all. But I uninstalled it a while a go and
when I installed it again yesterday to play I noticed a lot of texture
problems within the game. Certain things were out of place and there was
graphics in places there shouldn't be. It looked a total mess.

At first I thought it might be because I was using a newer driver than the
one I used to uses so I tried another, but still got the same problem. After
trying around 5 different older drivers I gave up. What could the problem
be? Could it be hardware related and that my card is damaged in someway? I
only seem to get the problem if I play games that require the full use of my
card - with less demanding games I don't have any problems.

Help Appreciated.

_____
Gaffer

Old April 13th 04, 04:03 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Gaffer" wrote in message
[...]

Your reporting is rife with error and false leads. You claim a mere
"uninstall", when in fact you have a driver change in the interim. Not to
mention, you describe nothing of real value to the troubleshooter. So, I can
only suggest that you revert to the driver version you were using, prior to
your uninstalling. If you can not find that, you will have to go back to
trial and error.

However, in order to rule out hardware failure, run any other rendered
application, if that works, the card works.

Old April 13th 04, 04:03 PM
Gaffer

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message

"Gaffer" wrote in message
[...]

If you are hinting for me to tell you my system specs and anything else that
may help you then fine. What would you like to know?

_____
Gaffer

Old April 13th 04, 06:53 PM
Biz

If you would just provide the details in the 1st place and quit screwing
around, you might already have your answer.

Old April 14th 04, 12:19 AM
DaveW

You need to COMPLETELY remove the existing mess of nVidia drivers you have
installed and then install ONLY the 45.23 driver for stability with that
card.

--
DaveW

Old April 14th 04, 12:31 AM
teqguy

DaveW wrote:

You need to COMPLETELY remove the existing mess of nVidia drivers you
have installed and then install ONLY the 45.23 driver for stability
with that card.

If you have XP just use system restore and quit ****ing around.....
****.

From then on, stop molesting your system if you aren't ready to face
the consequences.

Here you are, blatantly spitting out the answer for yourself and you
still disregard it.

Old April 14th 04, 12:53 AM
Gaffer

"DaveW" wrote in message
You need to COMPLETELY remove the existing mess of nVidia drivers you have
installed and then install ONLY the 45.23 driver for stability with that
card.

What's the best way to completely remove all current Nvidia drivers and
install only 45.23? I'm using Windows 98.

_____
Gaffer

Old April 14th 04, 07:23 AM
teqguy

Gaffer wrote:

"DaveW" wrote in message
You need to COMPLETELY remove the existing mess of nVidia drivers
you have installed and then install ONLY the 45.23 driver for
stability with that card.

What's the best way to completely remove all current Nvidia drivers
and install only 45.23? I'm using Windows 98.

_____
Gaffer

Get Driver Cleaner 2.