The Problem

Old February 13th 04, 05:41 PM
CiRcUiT

Default The Problem

You know, the problem with bitching about the crappy
performance of the current nVidia line of cards is, do you
really think they listen? I bet there isn't one person who
is involved with nVidia that reads this newgroup. All you
are to them is a wallet with a computer. If they can make
more money in the end by screwing you, then they will.

I am going to stick with my GeForce4 Ti4200 for now but when
I do UPgrade than I will be doing some hard thinking about
who's product I will be getting and recommending to my
clients. nVidia will have to pull something wonderful out of
their hat to fix the blunder they created with the FX series
of cards.

They do make good chipsets for the Athlon though. The
nForce3 is another story...
--
ttyl,

CiRcUiT -=- J. Codling -=- www.jcodling.com

*This message represents the official opinions of the voices
in my head*

Old February 13th 04, 06:07 PM
Derek Wildstar

"CiRcUiT" jcodlingATjcodlingDOTcom wrote in message

You know, the problem with bitching about the crappy
performance of the current nVidia line of cards is, do you
really think they listen? I bet there isn't one person who
is involved with nVidia that reads this newgroup.

Good thing you're just ranting, if you had any money to place on that bet,
you would lose.

Do you honestly think the end user experience and end user feedback is
ignored? Is that your well considered, final answer?

No corporation has been a model of perfection, but from a product
standpoint, you seem to be pretty happy with a curent nvidia product, and
well informed enough to know not to 'upgrade' to a perceived inferior
product.

So what exactly is your beef? They do listen, and you have a product that
you are satisfied with and will continue to use.

Old February 14th 04, 12:45 AM
~misfit~

Derek Wildstar wrote:
"CiRcUiT" jcodlingATjcodlingDOTcom wrote in message

You know, the problem with bitching about the crappy
performance of the current nVidia line of cards is, do you
really think they listen? I bet there isn't one person who
is involved with nVidia that reads this newgroup.

Good thing you're just ranting, if you had any money to place on that
bet, you would lose.

Do you honestly think the end user experience and end user feedback is
ignored? Is that your well considered, final answer?

No corporation has been a model of perfection, but from a product
standpoint, you seem to be pretty happy with a curent nvidia product,

Uhh, the GF4 ti is not a current model. I can't get a new one for sex or
money anymore (and I'm *very* good at sex). Had to buy the missus a crappy
FX instead.

And, the ones I located second-hand are fetching the same price they did
when new, without the warranty of a new card.
--
~misfit~

Old February 14th 04, 04:43 AM
CiRcUiT

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message
in message

[..snip..]

| Good thing you're just ranting, if you had any money to
place on that bet,
| you would lose.

I do have money to place on that bet and I DID LOSE! In
trade for some consulting work I recieved a FX 5600. It is
not any better than my GF4. In fact, it performs below my
current card. I am selling it to a friend who will be
upgrading from a GeForce2. That upgrade is worth the money.

| Do you honestly think the end user experience and end user
feedback is
| ignored? Is that your well considered, final answer?

Until nVidia shows me (and many, many others in this
newsgroup alone) that they care by producing a product that
is worth the price, then I will stick by my previous words.

| No corporation has been a model of perfection, but from a
product
| standpoint, you seem to be pretty happy with a curent
nvidia product, and
| well informed enough to know not to 'upgrade' to a
perceived inferior
| product.

That is my whole point! I am only happy with my current card
because there is nothing to UPGRADE to due to the fact that
there is nothing worth the money to upgrade to. My current
card is over a year old. It is pretty sad that the current
cards in the same price range of what I originally paid are
only a shadow of my current card. I am not paying $500 for a
card that is worth the upgrade.

| So what exactly is your beef? They do listen, and you have
a product that
| you are satisfied with and will continue to use.

Just to play devil's advocate with myself...
On the other hand, the fact that there is nothing that can
replace my GF4 in the same price range is a justification of
the good card I purchased OVER A YEAR AGO.

That was then. This is NOW.

Old February 14th 04, 02:53 PM
Dark Avenger

"CiRcUiT" jcodlingATjcodlingDOTcom wrote in message ...
"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message
in message

[..snip..]

| Good thing you're just ranting, if you had any money to
place on that bet,
| you would lose.

I do have money to place on that bet and I DID LOSE! In
trade for some consulting work I recieved a FX 5600. It is
not any better than my GF4. In fact, it performs below my
current card. I am selling it to a friend who will be
upgrading from a GeForce2. That upgrade is worth the money.

| Do you honestly think the end user experience and end user
feedback is
| ignored? Is that your well considered, final answer?

Until nVidia shows me (and many, many others in this
newsgroup alone) that they care by producing a product that
is worth the price, then I will stick by my previous words.

| No corporation has been a model of perfection, but from a
product
| standpoint, you seem to be pretty happy with a curent
nvidia product, and
| well informed enough to know not to 'upgrade' to a
perceived inferior
| product.

That is my whole point! I am only happy with my current card
because there is nothing to UPGRADE to due to the fact that
there is nothing worth the money to upgrade to. My current
card is over a year old. It is pretty sad that the current
cards in the same price range of what I originally paid are
only a shadow of my current card. I am not paying $500 for a
card that is worth the upgrade.

| So what exactly is your beef? They do listen, and you have
a product that
| you are satisfied with and will continue to use.

Just to play devil's advocate with myself...
On the other hand, the fact that there is nothing that can
replace my GF4 in the same price range is a justification of
the good card I purchased OVER A YEAR AGO.

That was then. This is NOW.

The FX line is a little bit sad not, maybe an FX5900 Non Ultra might
be interresting for you, they are pretty cheap lately, watch out.
Don't buy the FX5900XT.
Old February 14th 04, 03:58 PM
rms

nVidia will have to pull something wonderful out of
their hat to fix the blunder they created with the FX series
of cards.

It's looking increasingily likely the nextgen videocards will be
*extremely* fast on today's games. Both ATI and Nvidia are claiming 2-4x
faster performance. Here's one link:
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/h...ngfx5950.shtml

rms

Old February 14th 04, 04:10 PM
CiRcUiT

"rms" wrote in message
. com...
| It's looking increasingily likely the nextgen
videocards will be
| *extremely* fast on today's games. Both ATI and Nvidia
are claiming 2-4x
| faster performance. Here's one link:

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/h...ngfx5950.shtml

If true then it looks like I should just wait until the
summer. They did get their information off of the
"inquirer.com" though so we will see...

I truly hope that it is true. That would be a worthy
upgrade.

Old February 14th 04, 04:15 PM
Aki Peltola

"rms" wrote
It's looking increasingily likely the nextgen videocards will be
*extremely* fast on today's games. Both ATI and Nvidia are claiming 2-4x
faster performance. Here's one link:

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/h...ngfx5950.shtml

And what did they say about the FX-series before it was released?
Perhaps the exact same thing? :-)

Old February 14th 04, 04:24 PM
CiRcUiT

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...
[..snip..]
| The FX line is a little bit sad not, maybe an FX5900 Non
Ultra might
| be interresting for you, they are pretty cheap lately,
watch out.
| Don't buy the FX5900XT.

Well where I live here is an example of prices:
(before tax here in Canada so add another 15%)

FX5900 Ultra $560
-too much money
-faster than my current GF4

FX5900 XT $280
- not worth the upgrade
- XT version is on par with my current card

FX5700 Ultra $320
- not worth the upgrade
- slower than my GF4 in DX8

Radeon 9600XT $280
- not worth the upgrade
- not enough performance increase to justify the price

FX5600 $120 - (The card I am selling.)
- not worth the upgrade
- way slower than my GF4 in DX8.

In September of 2002 I purchased my MSI GeForce4 Ti4200
128MB for $280. So for the same price now I should be able
to get something at least on par with my current card.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Directx Problem Solved Me Nvidia Videocards 1 August 23rd 03 06:32 AM