Override refresh rates ?

Old October 28th 03, 12:38 AM
Fitz

Default Override refresh rates ?

Does the "Override Refresh Rates" feature of the 52.16 drivers over ride D3D
and Open GL while running games? Used to be it required 3rd party software
like Refresh Lock to override WinXP 60 Hz problem in games.

Thanks,
Fitz

Outgoing mail scanned by NAV2003 and is virus free

Old October 28th 03, 01:45 AM
Sept1967

Not sure, I still use ReForce to set them, just in case. I believe Windows
XP has a bad habit of setting OpenGL games to 60, no matter what the
settings.

Old October 28th 03, 04:40 PM
Granulated

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:45:28 -0800 "Sept1967"
meeped :

Not sure, I still use ReForce to set them, just in case. I believe Windows
XP has a bad habit of setting OpenGL games to 60, no matter what the
settings.

no..the dets have had the override feature for a while now.

(since 44-09 i think)
Old October 28th 03, 09:53 PM
Mr. Grinch

Worked for me running 52.16 under Server 2003, for both Q3A and Tribes,
both OpenGL. I forced 1024x768 to 100hz and that's what I got.

"Fitz" wrote in
:

Does the "Override Refresh Rates" feature of the 52.16 drivers over
ride D3D and Open GL while running games? Used to be it required 3rd
party software like Refresh Lock to override WinXP 60 Hz problem in
games.

Thanks,
Fitz

Refresh rate override and CAT 4.12 Phil Ati Videocards 4 December 29th 04 06:08 PM
Refresh rate override and CAT 4.12 Phil Ati Videocards 0 December 29th 04 12:11 AM
Cat 4.2 / Rad 9800 Pro Refresh Rates Derek Hawkins Ati Videocards 4 February 22nd 04 05:22 PM
Refresh Rates Me Nvidia Videocards 0 August 29th 03 01:03 AM
Can't get the highest refresh rates on my monitor?! who be dat? Ati Videocards 0 July 23rd 03 03:34 AM