What kind of increase in performance will i get...

Old October 22nd 03, 02:46 PM
Chris Roth

Default What kind of increase in performance will i get...

I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I see
any improvements in my games?

Old October 22nd 03, 03:38 PM
Darkfalz

"Chris Roth" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I

see
any improvements in my games?

5600 not really, but 5900 yes, you have plenty of CPU for that card.

Old October 22nd 03, 04:14 PM
NAZGUL

"Chris Roth" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I see
any improvements in my games?

==========

Not in raw frame rates on DX8 games but on DX9 games you will get the full
effects, and on MSI cards you have the option to overclock with ease and
more safely as they have decent cooling

Old October 22nd 03, 09:36 PM
warlord716

"NAZGUL" wrote in message
s.com...

"Chris Roth" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I

see
any improvements in my games?

==========

Not in raw frame rates on DX8 games but on DX9 games you will get the full
effects, and on MSI cards you have the option to overclock with ease and
more safely as they have decent cooling

what he said

but try to get the 5600 ultra 128mb, its much better than the regular 5600,
and u dont really need 256 mb anyways, but its also a little more expensive

Old October 23rd 03, 06:46 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:46:49 GMT, "Chris Roth"
wrote:

I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I see
any improvements in my games?

uh... nope. In fact it will be slower.... and 256mb version is
slower than the 128mb version. 256mb does nothing for $400 video
cards. If you want a real upgrade, you'd need to buy a $300 5900
Ultra or ATI 9800Pro.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 23rd 03, 09:01 AM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"Chris Roth" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I have a p4 2.6ghz
512 pc3200 ram
gefroce 4 ti4400 128 meg version.

If I upgrade my video card to a Gefroce fx 5600 256meg version. Will I

see
any improvements in my games?

I would wait until the FX 5700 Ultra comes out in a few weeks and then look
at various reviews on the web. Unless you want DX9, a higher res, 4xAA and
8xAF, you wouldn't see much improvement over what you have with any of the
midrange cards.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?