Question about future nvidia drivers?

Old October 5th 03, 09:50 PM
nick

Default Question about future nvidia drivers?

Please excuse the ignorance, but are new drivers expected in the near
future? Is this something to do with Forceware?
I recently purchased an FX5900, and I am trying to find out if you experts
know if new drivers can give a significant performance boost. I'm into
FS2004 and the anandtech bench marks show ATI to be way out in front. Is is
possible for nvidia to release drivers that would at least approach the ATI
performance. If not, I will try to change my card, or do I wait to see what
happens next.

Many thanks for your attentiom,

Nick.

Old October 6th 03, 02:06 AM
Dark Avenger

"nick" wrote in message ...
Please excuse the ignorance, but are new drivers expected in the near
future? Is this something to do with Forceware?
I recently purchased an FX5900, and I am trying to find out if you experts
know if new drivers can give a significant performance boost. I'm into
FS2004 and the anandtech bench marks show ATI to be way out in front. Is is
possible for nvidia to release drivers that would at least approach the ATI
performance. If not, I will try to change my card, or do I wait to see what
happens next.

Many thanks for your attentiom,

Nick.

They are currently working on a driverset that will give you 3 times
the performance of any ati card, but you must be a lover of
black/white, 800x600 and no Anti-aliasing and no aniso. Oh yes, forget
textures....or lighting. But you get drivers that definitly beat ati
cards.

I can also reword it... "what is not in the hardware cannot be gained
through software" Quite simple, to get more speed and power.....higher
FPS...they will have to lower image quality!
Old October 6th 03, 06:09 AM
Biz

Better performance comes down to data throughput and computational speed,
which has to do with memory bandwidth, GPU speed, and memory speed. You
dont magically get huge performance updates from drivers, you get it from
faster vid cards...

Old October 6th 03, 09:16 AM
tq96

They are currently working on a driverset that will give you 3 times
the performance of any ati card, but you must be a lover of

I think they'll just advertise a "40% performance improvement". And I'll
expect nothing less than 120% improvement over when I originally bought my
card since I believe there have been two other sets of drivers which also
offered a "40% performance improvement".
Old October 6th 03, 11:13 AM
Nada

"nick" wrote:
Please excuse the ignorance, but are new drivers expected in the near
future? Is this something to do with Forceware?
I recently purchased an FX5900, and I am trying to find out if you experts
know if new drivers can give a significant performance boost. I'm into
FS2004 and the anandtech bench marks show ATI to be way out in front. Is is
possible for nvidia to release drivers that would at least approach the ATI
performance. If not, I will try to change my card, or do I wait to see what
happens next.

Many thanks for your attentiom,

Nick.

Just use Quake III as the benchmark and forget about the rest of the
hype. You'll be able to reach 400 to 500 frames per second at 640 x
480 and 16 bit color palette. It's so fast it's insane. Nvidia is
currently working on the next Detonator serie which will be the best
**** you'll ever see.
Old October 10th 03, 10:23 AM
Nada

"Aki Peltola" wrote:
"Nada" wrote
I was playing Soldier of Fortune II two weeks ago and I couldn't help
being impressed over the projectile shadows that were floating in the
air when people were sitting at their desks. It's great that Nvidia
drivers add humor in first person shooters.

And apparently installing newer detonators than 44.03 for
my reference-GF3 Ti200 is impossible (WinXP Pro).
Simply can't get XP up'n'running with newer detonators
than this, just locks-up or gives wonderful BSOD.
Completely cleaned my system from previous drivers
and all. WHQL-certification brought absolutely
no difference.

Good to see you, man. I haven't read your posts in ages at
sfnet.harrastus.pelit. I couldn't get Detonators below the 40 serie
work at all with WinMe environment and Ti4200 graphics card.

Have seen other GF3 Ti200-owners complaining about
this very same problem, so now I'm more conviced than
ever that the new detonators have issues concerning this
specific GF3-card and WHQL-fellows are just taking
coffee breaks all day along instead of really TESTING
the drivers...

I think the engineers get lost in the server room during the coffee
breaks. It's like Freddie Krueger's huge boiler room.

Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 08:28 PM
tnt2 mvp3 agpgart and nvidia linux drivers no-spam Nvidia Videocards 0 September 18th 03 07:58 AM
Kyle Bennett (HardOCP) blasts NVIDIA Radeon350 Nvidia Videocards 19 August 14th 03 09:46 PM
Nvidia drivers seem to get corrupted over 2 week period Stuart M Nvidia Videocards 8 August 7th 03 03:08 PM
ASUS or Nvidia GeForce4 drivers? GF4 issue Jerome Morrow Nvidia Videocards 0 July 21st 03 08:19 AM