Geforce 4 Ti 4800 Question

Old July 9th 03, 09:09 PM
Patch

Default Geforce 4 Ti 4800 Question

What's the difference between the geforce 4 Ti4800 & the 4600? (besides the
price) I tried searching for a review of the 4800, but couldn't find one.

Old July 9th 03, 10:50 PM
Storm

Ummm I think you'll find it's a Ti4600 with 8x AGP

"Dave" wrote in message
The ti4800 is the name for the ti4400 with AGP8X capability. It costs a

lot
less than a ti4600. A better name that Nvidia should have given it would

be
ti4408 or maybe ti4500. But heh, I'm not one of their marketing people so
what I think means squat.
Dave

Old July 9th 03, 11:15 PM
Granulated

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 13:37:32 -0700 "Dave" meeped :

The ti4800 is the name for the ti4400 with AGP8X capability.

thats the 4800SE
Old July 10th 03, 03:59 AM
John Lynch, Jr.

"Patch" wrote in message
What's the difference between the geforce 4 Ti4800 & the 4600? (besides

the
price) I tried searching for a review of the 4800, but couldn't find one.

The core and memory clock speed gets higher as you go up in model #'s.

Old July 10th 03, 04:52 AM
[NAC]Nubi

umm a Ti4400 sux? as far as dx8 cards go, i dont really think you could say
a 4800SE (4400 w/8x) sux...

:

The ti4800 is the name for the ti4400 with AGP8X capability.

thats the 4800SE

Now I understand SE stands for Sucks Edition

Old July 10th 03, 06:58 AM
JBM

I can say that if I want to, but I was refering to Nvidia marketing
seeming a little misleading, especially to people who don't do their
homework. I have an MSI 4800SE in one of my computers and
am very happy with it.

Jim Manning

. ..

Old July 10th 03, 08:39 AM
MICHAEL

That seems to be the best answer.8x capability can be found in newer
versions of all the G4 cards,my 4200 has it.I think that SE versions
have been updated to DX9 compatability.
"John Lynch, Jr." wrote in message
news

Old July 10th 03, 09:07 PM
The Robot

MSI only do the 4800SE, which is equivalent in power to the 4400.

There is such a thing as the 4800, but only available in certain countries.

SE stands for "Slow Edition"

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Never heard of it. I was under the impression all ti4800 were of the SE
variety. All the ti4600 with 8x were called exactly that. Go check MSI,
Gainward and all the rest.
Dave