Digital Viberance for ATI finally ! "Radiance" coming

Old September 5th 04, 07:56 PM
Pluvious

Default Digital Viberance for ATI finally ! "Radiance" coming

GLORY DAYS!! Check it out!!

The Future of CATALYST Control Center:

"Users have been asking for this control for a very long time now and
it looks like ATI is finally going to provide users this option.
NVIDIA owners have come to know this option that is called "Digital
Vibrance." ATI will be introducing a similar feature called Radiance
in a future CATALYST Control Center version."

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjU4LDQ=

Pluvious

Old September 5th 04, 08:31 PM
NoRemorse

"Pluvious" wrote in message

GLORY DAYS!! Check it out!!

The Future of CATALYST Control Center:

"Users have been asking for this control for a very long time now and
it looks like ATI is finally going to provide users this option.
NVIDIA owners have come to know this option that is called "Digital
Vibrance." ATI will be introducing a similar feature called Radiance
in a future CATALYST Control Center version."

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjU4LDQ=

Sweet! Now if we could get reliable refresh rate control for every
resolution, so we wouldn't have to play with 3rd-party software to get the
refresh rates we want.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

Old September 11th 04, 04:58 AM
First of One

There's probably something related to WHQL cert. that prevents the driver
dev team from implementing this feature...

Old September 12th 04, 09:28 PM
NoRemorse

The Nvidia drivers I have on my laptop have refresh rate settings (only for
Direct3D though). Never tried if they work since the display only supports
60Hz.

--
NoRemorse
"Expect me when you see me."

t.cable.rogers.com...

Old September 14th 04, 05:51 AM
First of One

Laptop (or any other LCD) screens do not "refresh". The liquid-crystal
pixels stay at one state until it needs to be changed for animation. CRTs
have to refresh every pixel even if the screen image doesn't change.

BTW, are you talking about the "refresh rate override" setting in DxDiag?