Problem with 9700pro and ViewSonic E92f+

Old May 8th 04, 12:12 PM
shaviro

Default Problem with 9700pro and ViewSonic E92f+

Hey all!

I have a PowerColor Radeon9700 card and a VeiwSonic E92f+ monitor. The
problem is that the horizontal width is really messed up. The monitor (AND
ati display control thingie) is set to the smallest size available. I run
1280x1024 and it's at the same time the only resolution I'm able to get an
"ok" picture (width). I also have to press the apply button in Direct3D 3
TIMES to get it right whenever the resolution has changed eg. after a game,
after startup.

This is really frustrating. In games I can't see the whole picture because
of insufficient width and I'm really getting tired of doing the "apply"
thing 3 times after each gaming session. Anyone got an idea?

-shaviro

Old May 8th 04, 05:37 PM
Philburg2

make sure the ACTUAL monitor driver is being used. A plug and play driver
probably won't cut it. I know that when I first got my viewsonic monitor, I
had trouble installing the driver. So I went to the website and got a
package of driver, that did the trick.

. ..

Old May 8th 04, 09:01 PM
Dr Richard Cranium

you are using the monitor's "auto" resize - auto settings - auto adjust auto auto aren't
you ?

anyway turn on your monitors "auto" functions from the monitors control panel up there on
the monitor - not in your PC. then the viewsonics there should just be happy happy and
resize everytime for you when the res changes.

oh yeah, as the man says - insure you have the correct monitor driver in your windows
control panel display..

hope this help,

** No Pili'kaia **

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraide...r1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
NFS3:NFS4
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
-=-=-
Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
{not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
(and secret password)
http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
-=-=-

http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm