Screen image started playing up - little coloured bars appearing

Old April 2nd 04, 12:15 AM
John Clarke

Default Screen image started playing up - little coloured bars appearing

Help please - This is doing my head in.

This week my display has started developing random small little blocks
of vertical coloured bars. If I refresh they disappear for a few
seconds but then start spawning again.
I have downloaded the latest ATI drivers, updated the Bios and
reinstalled the Via AGP drivers and re-installed the monitor driver.

System is:-
ASUS A7V600 Mobo
512 PC3200 ram
Radeon 9800 pro 128
Monitor LG Flatron L1811s
Win XP pro.

I have not installed anything new in the last few weeks, so I dont
think it is caused by new games, but the latest games I did install
about a month ago was Star Wars Galaxies and Neverwinter nights. But
the problem only started in the last couple of days.

Please put me out of my misery

TIA
Old April 2nd 04, 01:23 AM
Alan

"John Clarke" wrote in message
om...
Help please - This is doing my head in.

This week my display has started developing random small little blocks
of vertical coloured bars. If I refresh they disappear for a few
seconds but then start spawning again.
I have downloaded the latest ATI drivers, updated the Bios and
reinstalled the Via AGP drivers and re-installed the monitor driver.

System is:-
ASUS A7V600 Mobo
512 PC3200 ram
Radeon 9800 pro 128
Monitor LG Flatron L1811s
Win XP pro.

I have not installed anything new in the last few weeks, so I dont
think it is caused by new games, but the latest games I did install
about a month ago was Star Wars Galaxies and Neverwinter nights. But
the problem only started in the last couple of days.

Please put me out of my misery

sounds like your graphics card is shot

return it if its in warranty

alan

Old April 2nd 04, 09:50 AM
[neil]

"Alan" wrote in message
Please put me out of my misery

sounds like your graphics card is shot

return it if its in warranty

alan

I concur... had something similar - very occasionally I'd get horrible
corrupt bars down the desktop - returned the card and they confirmed the
memory was faulty.

Hope your warranty is ok...

Neil