Monitor powersaving mode won't activate when TV turns on

Old January 26th 04, 02:43 AM
Lorea

Default Monitor powersaving mode won't activate when TV turns on

Hi!

Does anybody else have a problem with your computer not turning off the
monitor / turning on the screensaver while the TV is on?

I just bought a pair of lovely LCD's that I don't want to burn in, but when
I record TV, the TV doesn't allow the screensaver to come into play. Does
anybody know how to make the screensaver come on? Alternatively, does
anybody know how to make the TV turn off once it's done recording?

I think I have MMC 7.9, Windows XP.

Thanks!
Lorea

Old January 26th 04, 03:29 AM
JAD

I don't know why, but I have never can get PM to work with ATI products perfectly. There is always something off kilter. That being
said, The only 'true' screen saver is the power button on the monitor.

Old January 26th 04, 11:05 PM
Lorea

Is there any kind of "tweak" out there that might do this? Or a screensaver
that doesn't rely on Windows power saving programming?

No dma sw mode support for cd writer ggroups2 Asus Motherboards 1 September 4th 04 01:53 AM
Protected vs Real esara Homebuilt PC's 1 May 1st 04 06:00 AM
p4c800-e deluxe bios setting - enhanced or compatible IDE operate mode ? Michael Dancygier Asus Motherboards 0 January 21st 04 10:08 PM
ATI AIW Radeon :: Tv out mode weirdness when rebooting tomatohead Ati Videocards 2 September 30th 03 04:04 PM