Problems with EA-Sport games and ASUS Radeon 9600

Old December 27th 03, 04:56 PM
Stefan Walter

Default Problems with EA-Sport games and ASUS Radeon 9600

During I play an EA-Sports game my PC alway hang up after some seconds.
I think it can't be that the videocard hast too much heat at a
resolution af 800*600 an a AMD 2600+ with 1024MB RAM.
The games are Fifa 99 and Need for speed 3.
Does anybody know this problem?

--
Greetings Stefan

Old December 27th 03, 05:47 PM
Good Man

Stefan Walter wrote in -
online.com:

During I play an EA-Sports game my PC alway hang up after some seconds.
I think it can't be that the videocard hast too much heat at a
resolution af 800*600 an a AMD 2600+ with 1024MB RAM.
The games are Fifa 99 and Need for speed 3.
Does anybody know this problem?

those are old games. are you trying to play them on Windows XP? you might
have better luck on win98 with those - i couldn't get any EA Sports games
to work on XP that aren't 2001+ or later.
Old December 27th 03, 08:35 PM
GTD

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:47:34 -0600, Good Man wrote:

Stefan Walter wrote in -
online.com:

During I play an EA-Sports game my PC alway hang up after some seconds.
I think it can't be that the videocard hast too much heat at a
resolution af 800*600 an a AMD 2600+ with 1024MB RAM.
The games are Fifa 99 and Need for speed 3.
Does anybody know this problem?

those are old games. are you trying to play them on Windows XP? you might
have better luck on win98 with those - i couldn't get any EA Sports games
to work on XP that aren't 2001+ or later.

I've had great luck running older games in WinXPs compatibility modes,
although the settings need to be kinda weird sometimes. I had an older
game that only ran correctly when set for winnt compatability.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love
Old December 27th 03, 08:46 PM
Stefan Walter

Good Man wrote:
those are old games. are you trying to play them on Windows XP?

Yes, I tried it on WinXP but with my old PC, Pentium3 500MHz and WinXP
that games allready runs well.

--
Greetings Stefan

Old December 27th 03, 10:04 PM
Stefan Walter

Stefan Walter wrote:

During I play an EA-Sports game my PC alway hang up after some seconds.
I think it can't be that the videocard hast too much heat at a
resolution af 800*600 an a AMD 2600+ with 1024MB RAM.
The games are Fifa 99 and Need for speed 3.
Does anybody know this problem?

I think I have the solution of my problem! I don't know why but the
copied folders like "Game Date" and so on were saved with
"write-protection".
I know that "write-protection" is at every folder which is copied from a
CD. But I never saw that installed folders are "write-protected".

--
Greetings Stefan

Old December 28th 03, 06:59 AM
Stefan Walter

Stefan Walter wrote:
Stefan Walter wrote:

During I play an EA-Sports game my PC alway hang up after some seconds...

I think I have the solution of my problem! I don't know why but the
copied folders like "Game Date" and so on were saved with
"write-protection"...

I don't know why but yesterday, after I changed this "write-protection"
the game runs well. Today the game hangs up like before.

--
Greetings Stefan