Damaged ATI 9800XT ADVICE!

Old December 2nd 03, 03:22 AM
Chris Bedford

Default Damaged ATI 9800XT ADVICE!

Hi all,
Some advice ive just bought a ATI 9800XT off of someone from Ebay he's
sent it to me and its damaged, one of little cylinder things have come off
and another component right next to it has suffered a break. From what I
can see it looks like it can be repaired but im not going down that route
yet. I've spoken to him and he's willing to take it back and get it
replaced trouble is he's in Canada im in the UK. So ive emailed ATI and
registered it. Question? Is it covered by ATI?it is a brand new card and
everything was sealed except the card and the static bag it was in is also
damaged! Can I get it replaced myself directly through ATI? Obviously I
will know in a few days time because I would of spoken to them but does
anyone know for sure? It looks like its been damaged somehow in delivery?
but not sure if it was from him to me more like some other way but certainly
nothing to do with me.

Thanks for any advice

Chris

Old December 2nd 03, 08:43 AM
Ben Pope

Chris Bedford wrote:
Is it covered by ATI?it is a brand new card and
everything was sealed except the card and the static bag it was in is also
damaged!

Was the box ok? Not sure how you'd damage the card if it was in the box and
the box was alright.

Of course... the kit to seal boxes is fairly common...

Ben

Advice on new PC build Who cares Homebuilt PC's 2 October 25th 04 06:20 AM
USB PORT DAMAGED gummybear68 General 6 September 19th 04 02:44 AM
new build Asus P4C800 Deluxe - Advice sought re heatsink choice etc., etc. Mod Asus Motherboards 4 December 11th 03 09:10 AM
Damaged Card Chris Bedford Ati Videocards 2 December 2nd 03 03:49 AM
Advice on components for a new PC [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 7 October 20th 03 03:36 AM