Windows Taskbar Tip.

Old June 8th 07, 05:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Frank McCoy

Default Windows Taskbar Tip.

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Richard" root@localhost wrote:

"John" wrote in message
READ ERROR

IGNOR or RETRY? I

ABORT.

BSD!

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old June 8th 07, 05:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Grant[_2_]

Format C:

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Richard" root@localhost wrote:

"John" wrote in message
READ ERROR

IGNOR or RETRY? I

ABORT.

BSD!

--
_____
/ ' / T

Old June 8th 07, 06:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Grant"
wrote:

Format C:

FDISK

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
.. .
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Richard" root@localhost wrote:

"John" wrote in message
.. .
READ ERROR

IGNOR or RETRY? I

ABORT.

BSD!

--
_____
/ ' / â„¢
Old June 8th 07, 06:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Doe

Skybuck wrote:

Hello,

After 1 year and 3 months of using a widescreen... I got used to
having a HUGE wide taskbar with lots and lots and lots of
applications open.

And maybe Windows XP 64 Pro is smarter at display the little titles
in the taskbar...

Or maybe I choose grouping or something.

Now I can't stand the old windows xp pro 32 bit taskbar anymore....

When I have like 10 or 20 windows open... it's hard to navigate the
taskbar... kinda like a design mistake.

And here is how to fix it

Using speech recognition, whenever I don't want to mess with the
taskbar, I just say "switch" and it switches me back to the prior
application. I have names for my common applications too. For example,
if I want to switch to my scratchpad, I just say "scribble". Verbal
commands are a neat way to get around messing with the taskbar.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 8th 07, 08:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Folk:

The more people that kill-filter this blathering idiot, the less of
it's drivel I have to read from people replying to it.

It would help if those that think to answer Sky****'s questions would
limit their answers to the appropriate groups. But it seems that Sky
**** isn't the only moron...

Benjamin
Old June 8th 07, 09:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Noel

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:28:47 +0200, Benjamin Gawert wrote:

* Folk:

The more people that kill-filter this blathering idiot, the less of
it's drivel I have to read from people replying to it.

It would help if those that think to answer Sky****'s questions would
limit their answers to the appropriate groups. But it seems that Sky
**** isn't the only moron...

Finally, 2 people with common sense...

--
Noel
http://www.gentoo.org/

Old June 8th 07, 12:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ty

Skybuck wrote:
Hello,

After 1 year and 3 months of using a widescreen... I got used to
having a HUGE wide taskbar with lots and lots and lots of applications
open.

And maybe Windows XP 64 Pro is smarter at display the little titles in
the taskbar...

Or maybe I choose grouping or something.

Now I can't stand the old windows xp pro 32 bit taskbar anymore....

When I have like 10 or 20 windows open... it's hard to navigate the
taskbar... kinda like a design mistake.

And here is how to fix it A BIG TIP:

Unlock the taskbar.

Place the taskbar vertically.

Make it autohide.

And make it wider.

Why not make another one across your preferred screen edge? R-click
desktop-New-Folder, drag that newly created folder to any desktop
edge, drop it, r-click on newly made taskbar to set autohide. Embed a
couple more inside the first one.

that AK will get you creative every time.
Old June 8th 07, 01:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

A folder is not a taskbar ?

I want to see the active applications...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 8th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Default Windows Taskbar Tip. (Short version)

Short version:

1. Vertical taskbar.

2. Make it wider to be able to read the application's title better.

3. Auto hide it.

4. Make sure it's always on top.

Makes it easier to find an active application.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 8th 07, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rich Grise

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:49:47 -0700, Grant wrote:
"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Richard" root@localhost wrote:
"John" wrote in message
.. .