Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Backplate Questions.

Old June 7th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Default Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Backplate Questions.

Hello,

I have two questions about the backplate of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
motherboard:

Especially about the red 1:

Are the clips supposed to go into or over the ethernet ports ?

Pictures at:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...teQuestion.htm

Short link:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPC2006

Question 2:

Is the clip near the red 2 supposed to go into or over.

I think the answers might be:

1. Into.

2. Over.

I am not sure about 1 though.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 7th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bhagat Gurtu

You truly are a ****wit aren't you.

Old June 7th 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Questions about these clips:

1. What is the purpose of these clips ?

Possible answers I can think of:

If the clips are supposed to go inside:

1. Help eject ethernet plugs.

2. Take away any additional electricity from ethernet plugs. (ground
them ?)

(In the past when I touched the ethernet plug coming from the older
cable modem I could feel electricity ).

If the clips are supposed to go over:

1. Same as 2 above. Take away electricity (ground the plugs ?)

2. "Stabilize"/extra grip for backplate. The backplate is simply
plugged into the casing... so these clips could be ment for "extra
grip". However there is also some extra grip on the sides of the
plate. "The plate clicks into the casing".

Kinda strange these clips.

I stuck these clips into the ethernet ports.

So new theory:

Electricity from ethernet plugs got onto the clips, then travelled via
the backplate over the plastic of the motherboard and git some
electronics

^^^ stray electricity/cross talk ^^^

(It's far away from the bios chip though, maybe motherboard is
completely dead, I am in the process of ordering new bios chips )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 7th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jaap Knasterhuis

wrote:

Hello,

I have two questions about the backplate of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
motherboard:

Especially about the red 1:

Are the clips supposed to go into or over the ethernet ports ?

Pictures at:

http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...teQuestion.htm

Short link:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPC2006

Question 2:

Is the clip near the red 2 supposed to go into or over.

I think the answers might be:

1. Into.

2. Over.

I am not sure about 1 though.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Altijd "over" de connector.
M.a.w. de clips blijven te allen tijde binnen de kast en klemmen aan
de bovenkant van de RJ45 connector.
De enige functie die je aan deze clips mag toekennen is een degelijke
elektrisch geleidende verbinding te bewerkstelligen tussen de metalen
kap van de RJ45 connector naar de behuizing van de PC.
Of de PC nu wel of niet voorzien is van randaarde, zal de behuizing
van de RJ45 connector altijd op hetzelfde virtuele aardpunt hangen als
de behuizing van de PC.
Je vermijdt hiermee eventuele spanningverschillen tussen de behuizing
van de RJ45 connector en de behuizing van de PC en je weet dat
spanningsverschillen tussen verschillende aardingspunten, hoe klein
ook, funest kunnen zijn voor de betrouwbaarheid van je PC.

JK

Old June 7th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Robert Baer

Bhagat Gurtu wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:13:30 -0700, Skybuck wrote:

Hello,

I have two questions about the backplate of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
motherboard:

Especially about the red 1:

You truly are a ****wit aren't you.

Do not dis the guy just because he does not know beans from duck eggs.
Old June 7th 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck

Alright,

I have now two dutch people saying:

1. The clips go on top of/over the connectors.

2. The clips have something to do with grounding the case, connectors
etc.

3. The clips can also prevent rattling.

This information is from:

Jaap and somebody who contacted me via e-mail and who has worked at a
computer shop and has build pc's for 5 years

Finally I inspected the ethernet ports plug design and it doesn't seem
logical for the iron/metal things to go inside the plugs... because
the metal clips are way to wide.

Besides it isn't really necessary for it to go inside to help eject
plugs because the plugs have a plastic clip which is more than enough
to help keep the plugs in place

Finally I looked at photographs/pictures I took from my PC before
disassembly and the clips went over/on top of the connectors =D

So fortunately for me I came to the correct conclusion when I build my
pc

I had to wait for the americans to wake up and arrive at work.

I called asus support line in holland and germany, holland is for
notebooks only, germany did not pick up the phone, I also tried
calling japan or something but didn't work and finally I called usa.

I have also learned how to pronounce asus the american way

It's
A-sueee-s.

They say it really sweatly

I always said like:

Ass-sus

LOL.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

ASSES LOLOLOLOLOOL.

Anyway back to the phone story...

Finally at 15:14 dutch time, the Americans work at work and picked up
the phone, automated voices as was in germany, but usa have more
options... finally very nice guy on phone after 10 minutes of waiting
got patched through to bios department, they didn't pick up phone,
said some e-mail address ofcourse couldn't write it down, didn't
repeat, please leave address after the peep... to weird for me... and
finally a little handy tip:

helpdesk at asus dot com.

A website section for rma and bios stuff...

However their bios stuff section appears to be a "new website feature"
and it's not as thorough/detailed as I would hope... so I am not gonna
order from them...

Seems too newby like.

So I am hoping/relieing on third party people to send my new bios chip
for now

All-in-all interesting experience.. though asus support kinda a total
mess but I can understand... so many products etc...

I would recommend a simple e-mail support department for them...

Much simpler then websites, phone support and god knows what

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 7th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nospam

Robert Baer wrote:

Bhagat Gurtu wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:13:30 -0700, Skybuck wrote:

Hello,

I have two questions about the backplate of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
motherboard:

You truly are a ****wit aren't you.

Do not dis the guy just because he does not know beans from duck eggs.

No, dis the stupid f*ck because he keeps crossposting his dumb questions to
irrelevant newsgroups.
Old June 7th 07, 05:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bhagat Gurtu

Yes, the human penis is a sensitive instrument indeed ... you ******.

Old June 7th 07, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Rich Grise

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 06:13:30 -0700, Skybuck wrote:

I have two questions about the backplate of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
motherboard:
Are the clips supposed to go into or over the ethernet ports ?
http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperman...teQuestion.htm
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPC2006
Is the clip near the red 2 supposed to go into or over.

1. Over.
2. Over.

Cheers!
Rich