Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

Old March 6th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

Default Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

Latest nVidia drivers. These only come with the new STUPID nVidia control
panel and there are no options that I can find to disable the nVidia icon in
the task bar, or from the context menu.

How do I do this?

....and how can I get the old control panel at the Display Properties again?

Old March 7th 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
You Know Who ~

you can do both in the windows control panel.

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````

newsRfHh.1238580$1T2.693088@pd7urf2no...

Old March 7th 07, 04:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

I see no option for it in the control panel.

Of course the Windows control panel has "add/remove programs", "windows
firewall", "power options"...etc.

Now, there is an nVidia control panel here, but no options to turn off the
icon. Display properties just say use the nVidia control panel.

Old March 7th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Vic Smith

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

--Vic

Old March 7th 07, 07:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lez Pawl

"Noozer" wrote in message
newsRfHh.1238580$1T2.693088@pd7urf2no...
Latest nVidia drivers. These only come with the new STUPID nVidia control
panel and there are no options that I can find to disable the nVidia icon
in the task bar, or from the context menu.

How do I do this?

...and how can I get the old control panel at the Display Properties
again?

right click your backdrop,

select Properties,

select Settings tab,

select your Graphics Card tab.............in my case Quadro FX 1100,

a settings pane will pop out and under the graphics card heading select
Tools.

under Shortcut tools, untick ' Enable taskbar icon'

this is the only way I could find to do same to mine.

Old March 8th 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

Thanks... I don't know why it's taken nVidia more than a week NOT to tell me
that.

Definately NOT where I'd expect it.

Old March 8th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Vic Smith

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:20:22 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

Thanks... I don't know why it's taken nVidia more than a week NOT to tell me
that.

Definately NOT where I'd expect it.

Don't get your hopes up. The icon came back for me on reboot, and
after disabling the nvdia systray DLL in startup (msconfig) and
rebooting, it came back again. Might take a registry change, but
since the icon doesn't bother me, I'm going no further.
BTW, this is NVIDIA Control Panel version 1.2.1.11, my card is the
6800 and the driver is v4_disp (6.14.10.9131 - nVIDIA ForceWare 91.31)
Good luck.

--Vic

Impossible to remove nvidia icon in the tray! Bartman Nvidia Videocards 6 July 30th 06 05:27 PM
Tray icon Danny Nvidia Videocards 8 July 3rd 06 12:09 AM
Tray icon boot order - network icon taking ages to initialise Andre Willey Homebuilt PC's 11 October 10th 05 03:43 PM
S-ATA drive = systen tray icon mark Storage (alternative) 3 November 25th 04 12:45 AM
Remove tray icon? SteveK Ati Videocards 7 November 17th 04 11:26 PM