Playing videos and DVDs show split screen and funky colors on TV out (secondary).

Old September 22nd 06, 07:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Playing videos and DVDs show split screen and funky colors on TV out (secondary).

Hello.

I am having display problems with my old CRT TV out (nothing fancy like HDTV, LCD, plasma, etc.)
hooked up to a VCR to my XFX GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB) using 91.47 driver (set to clone or
whatever with full overlay display for videos). I use WinDVD 7, PowerDVD 7, Media Player Classic
v6.4.9.0, VideoLan Client (VLC) Media Player v0.8.5, etc. to play various videos.

I noticed with DVDs, QuickTime (with K-Lite Codec Full Pack v2.77 and QuickTime Alternative
v1.76), Google Video (AVI), etc, my TV out display is split in half (left and right side). The
left frame has wrong colors (green, purple, etc.). Also, the picture flickers like crazy in play
mode. In paused mode, either I see split screens with wrong colors or a non-split static
picture. Basically play mode switch back and forth. The primary screen (my 17" CRT monitor)
does not show this.

And more weirder is that playing .TS and MPEG-2 to my TV does not have any problems.

Any ideas on what's happening and how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
--
"A centipede is an ant made to Canadian/government specs." --unknown
/\___/\
( )
Old September 23rd 06, 07:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

http://www.codecs.ipbfree.com/index....pic=1671&st=0& says to downgrade the driver back to
84.21. It worked.

Geez, NVIDIA is getting bad with its drivers like ATI.

Did you guys have problem thi TV out's fullscreen overlay?

wrote:
[...]

/ /\ /\ \ Phillip (Ant) @
http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
( )
Old September 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Are you using the video mixing renderer (VMR) mode in the media player apps?
Don't use it.

Also, try playing DVDs with DVDIdle running in the system tray, in the odd
chance that Macrovision is the culprit.

et...

Old September 24th 06, 11:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

First of One wrote:
Are you using the video mixing renderer (VMR) mode in the media player apps?
Don't use it.

Um, I tried ALL options including VMR.

Also, try playing DVDs with DVDIdle running in the system tray, in the odd
chance that Macrovision is the culprit.

Doesn't that hog up my HDD space? I don't think I have the disk space to rip/copy the DVD to my
HDD.
--
"Oh bother", said Winnie the Pooh, "There's an ant on my foot..."
/\___/\
( )
Old September 25th 06, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Nope. DVDIdle simply removes Macrovision and regional coding from DVDs in
real time as you watch the DVD from the DVD drive.

Old September 25th 06, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

First of One wrote:
Nope. DVDIdle simply removes Macrovision and regional coding from DVDs in
real time as you watch the DVD from the DVD drive.

Interesting. However, this product dosn't seem to be free or did I miss it? If not free, then is
there a freeware one?
Old September 26th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Nope, not free. Though you can always try http://astalavista.box.sk ,
preferably with a non-IE browser.

The program you want to use is DVDIdle Pro, not the basic version.

et...

Old September 26th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

First of One wrote:
Nope, not free. Though you can always try http://astalavista.box.sk ,
preferably with a non-IE browser.

Heh, no thanks!

The program you want to use is DVDIdle Pro, not the basic version.

Ah, I thought I could do this with the basic version. Hmm, there has to be a
free/alternative version.