Which one should I buy ?

Old March 10th 06, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Which one should I buy ?

Web site has eVGA 7800 GT on sale for 3 different prices
ranging from about $289 to $469. Which one should I
buy ? Also, is the nVidia 7950 going to be as good as
the 8200 ? Or should I wait for the 8255 ? What if I just
took my 6800 and painted over the number with 8900?
Would that make my card faster, or open up 40 pipes?

:-)

johns

Old March 11th 06, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

yea that would work but you also need to tape icecubes to the heatsink due
to all that extra heat from the paint job
as for opening up all 40 pipes its hit and miss it and depends on the paint
you use to turn the 6800 into a 8900.
then your going to have problems with power so get a heavy duty car battery
and some jumper cables just clamp them on anywhere you see metal contacts on
the card. stand back a few feet that fan is really gona be spinning and may
throw dust and dirt in your face.

if this dont work you must have one of the few bad cards so get out you bank
card and order a new card and try again.
oups.com...