Have I got a damaged CPU?

Old August 6th 03, 07:50 PM
John Smith

Default Have I got a damaged CPU?

HI
Thats an AMD mark.Don't worry.It should be there,although
some of the cores don't have it
Smiffy

Old August 6th 03, 08:13 PM
John Boy

Hi Bill;
a 2400+ would be something like AXDA2400..........

John

"Bill L" wrote in message
Hi all

Just recieved a 1700+ from www.over-clockco.uk (TB B I think but looks

from
the code it should be equivalent to a 2400+, a bit dissapointing).

However, my major concern is ther is a small, almost perfectly square,

mark
on the bottom right hand side (looking down on the CPU with the AMD logo

on
the top edge) of the CPU die.

Should I try this CPU or RMA directly back to over-clock?

TIA

Bill

Old August 6th 03, 08:28 PM
Bill L

Thanks folks

Yep deffinitely a 2400+ or close but running as 2700+ at the mo. (at 1.5v)
on a Gigabyte 7N400 Pro not bad I guess for a 1700+ Of course I've not had a
chance to test the stability of the PC at this speed.

Thanks for the help with the mark on the CPU as well - exactly the same as
in the photo - thanks for that and your English is fine ).

Cheers

Bill L

Old August 6th 03, 10:26 PM
Ben Pope

Gordon Freeman wrote:
If you mean something like this:

http://www.ixbt.com/cpu/via/c3-1ghz/...p1700+mark.jpg

i think your cpu is fine. Dunno what this mark could be but i guess
it's
a sort of digital sign.

If i were you i would try the cpu to check if it works... You can
always
RMA it after that, but i hope you won't need that

Bye (and sorry for my horrible english).

What horrible English? Sounds fine to me.

Ben

Old August 6th 03, 10:36 PM
Gordon Freeman

L'incedente di Black Mesa e' stato nulla in confronto ai danni causati
dai pensieri di Ben Pope :

What horrible English? Sounds fine to me.

oooh thanks
I've never seriously practiced it so i think that it could look a bit
"strange" for american or english people

Ben

Bye! Enry

--
Gordon Freeman.
Email : gordon
Old August 7th 03, 07:21 AM
John Boy

Bill;
If Ken is right that it is a Palomino (snipped extract below), the code will
contain an M as per:
AX1700DMT3C. Have a look at http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/

John

"Ken" wrote in message
. 30.92...
snip
However, my major concern is ther is a small, almost perfectly square,
mark on the bottom right hand side (looking down on the CPU with the
AMD logo on the top edge) of the CPU die.
Bill

snip
Well that means you've got a Pally.
Ken

USB PORT DAMAGED gummybear68 General 6 September 19th 04 02:44 AM
Damaged HD. Read data. Sergio General 5 September 4th 04 08:40 AM
We buy-back broken and damaged cell-phones of all brands. Thank you! Overclocking AMD Processors 0 July 1st 04 08:54 PM
Slow boot at "Verifying DMI pool data..." - Is HDD damaged? river_kwai General 8 May 10th 04 02:34 PM
Damaged CPU? mkirby23 AMD x86-64 Processors 2 March 24th 04 03:52 AM