What's your 3d card history?

Old December 25th 05, 09:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default What's your 3d card history?

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:56:43 +0000 (UTC), Dean Jarratt
wrote:

From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Voodoo 1
Dual Voodoo2 SLI
Voodoo Banshee
Voodoo 5 5500
Ti 4400
FX5900
7800 GTX (256)

John Lewis
Old December 25th 05, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been

through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

As below (I may have missed one or two) - and I managed to overclock nearly
all of them!

S3 Virge
Videodlogic Apocalypse 3Dx (PowerVR)
Voodoo 1
voodoo2
voodoo2 SLI
Vooodoo 3
Voodoo 3500
S3 Savage 3d
Geforce MX
ATI Rage pro
Geforce 256
Geforce 2 GTS
Geforce 2 Ultra
Geforce 3 Ti200
Geforce 3 Ti500
ATI Radeon 8500
Geforce Ti4200
Radeon 9500
Radeon 9700 Pro
Radeon 9800 Pro

--
Tony

Old December 25th 05, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:56:43 +0000 (UTC), Dean Jarratt
wrote:

From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

This will be a short list ;-)
(3D only, right?)

Mystique
TNT2
GeForce 256 SDR
(Still my main card!)
And I possess a FX5200 but it's not in a system at the moment.
I'm still waiting to build a P4 system :-o

Old December 26th 05, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been
through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Short list here as well
Sis 315 128mb ( ha what a joke had it for 3 weeks before replacing it)

GF4 Ti-4200
GF FX5200 (monumental waste of money gave it to a friend the same day it
arrived)

9800Pro 128mb BBATi( ATI Silencer 3 (Rev. 2) )
eVGA 6800GT 256mb

Old December 26th 05, 09:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"me" wrote in message

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been
through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Short list here as well
Sis 315 128mb ( ha what a joke had it for 3 weeks before replacing it)

GF4 Ti-4200
GF FX5200 (monumental waste of money gave it to a friend the same day it
arrived)

9800Pro 128mb BBATi( ATI Silencer 3 (Rev. 2) )
eVGA 6800GT 256mb

it was actually a VGA Silencer, Rev.3

Old December 26th 05, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Creative 3d blaster riva tnt
Riva TNT 2
Geforce MX
Geforce 2 MX
Geforce FX5200
Geforce 6600GT

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been
through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Old December 26th 05, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Creative 3D Blaster Rendition Verite 1000
3DFX Pure 3D Voodoo 1
3DFX Voodoo 3
Geforce 2 GT
Ati TNT2 Ultra
Geforce 4 MX
Geforce ti 4200
Geforce ti 4600
Geforce 6800 GT

Old December 27th 05, 01:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Matrox MGA Millennium, the first card with 4MB 'w-ram', wow! lol.
Silicon Graphics O2
3D labs Oxygen VX1 (back to the PC)
Integrated Geforce2MX (nForce220D)
Gainward GeForce4 MX-440SE
Gainward GeForce 6600GT AGP8X
waiting for new MSI 7800GT to arrive

Old December 27th 05, 04:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"»Q«" wrote in message
.. .
"McGrandpa" wrote in
:

Available= tested, usable, not installed in anything
DEAD= not functioning (really)
Current= installed and running in a system right now

ATI Mach 64 (available)
ATI Rage 3D (available)
Matrox Millenium G200 16 meg (available)
CL 3D Blaster PCI (a Rendition Verite 1000 based card) (can't find
it!) CL Voodoo2 12 meg (available)
Wicked 3D Voodoo2 12 meg (available)
Diamond Viper v770Ultra (current)
Asus V6800 (GeForce 256) (DEAD)
CL GeForce2 GTS (DEAD)
PNY GF4 Ti4600 (current)
ATI Radeon 7000 (current)
ATI Radeon 8500 (gave this to someone)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (available, might be dying)
PNY GF FX5900 (available, bad fan)
eVGA 6800 128meg (12,5) (current)
eVGA 6800GT 256meg (current in this rig)

Whenever these kinda threads start, I'm always amazed/amused by the
lengths of the lists. Here's mine, for everyone to laugh at:

Voodoo 3 2000
Gainward GS Ti 200
MSI 6600 GT

Once I get a new (to me) card, I go back and play games from the past
2-3 years that my previous card wouldn't run at decent settings. Suits
me fine.

--
»Q«

Nuthin wrong with that man! I've been at this a long time though... that
verite 1000 board was what I got to play Tombraider and Quake with That
was a while before the Voodoo3 I think I didn't even mention my older 2D
cards...
McG.

Old December 27th 05, 04:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Dean Jarratt wrote:
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Cirrus Logic 512kb
Diamond Viper 3D AGP 4 meg
Diamond Monster 3DFX Voodoo II 8 meg
S3 Savage4 AGP 32 meg
Radeon 7500 64 meg
Radeon 7500 16 meg mobile for Dell laptop (still in use)
Radeon 9600Pro 128 meg (still in use)
Leadtek 6600GT 128 meg (still in use)

--
And it really doesn't matter if