What's your 3d card history?

Old December 23rd 05, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default What's your 3d card history?

My 3D cards are as follows:

1. Virge DX 4MB (It accellerated HyperBlade game, but that was it)
2. Rendition Verite 1000
3. added Matrox M3D (PowerVR) to Verite 1000
4. Rendition Verite 2200 (first AGP card)
5. added 3DFX Voodoo1 to Verite 2200
6. 3DFX Voodoo3 3000 (PC system was stolen shortly afterwards)
7. Nvidia TnT2 M64 + 3DFX Voodoo2 12MB SLI
8. ATI Rage Fury Maxx (replaced the TnT2 M64)
9. Nvidia GF2 MX400 64MB (held on to Voodoo2 SLI for a little while)
10. ATI Radeon 9000
11. Nvidia GF3 Ti200
12. Nvidia GF4 Ti4400
13. Nvidia 6600GT (current card)
Old December 23rd 05, 04:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

July 1998, Cirrus Logic 5465 (AGP)
June 2002, 3DFX Voodoo 2 SLI
Aug 2003, MSI FX5900U-VTD256

Tony.

Old December 23rd 05, 05:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Dean Jarratt schrieb:

From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

I can't remember all of them but I went through these 3D cards:

- S3 Virge DX in a Pentium133
- Videologics PowerVR addon 3D card for the Pentium133
- PentiumII 266 w. Elsa Victory Erazor 4MB AGP (Riva128)
- HP VisualizeFX 10 Pro AGP 64MB in a HP Kayak XU w. Dual P2-333 (still
have this machine) running WinNT 4
- PentiumII 350 w. Riva128ZX 8MB on-Board
- AMD Athlon 600 with Quadro2MXR 32MB
- Dell P4 1.5GHz w. GF2MX and later a Quadro4 900XGL (basically a GF4
TI4600)
- HP P4 2GHz w. ATI FireGL 4 (crappy card), later a FireGL 8800 (Radeon
8500) and a Quadro4 980XGL (basically a GF4 Ti4800)
- HP Dual XEON 2GHz w. ATI FireGL X1-256p (basically a Radeon 9700 PRO)
- HP P4 3.06GHz w. ATI FireGL X1-256p and later a PNY Geforce 6800GT AGP
- Current system is a HP xw8200 w. 2x XEON 3GHz, 10GB RAM and PNY GF
7800GTX PCIe.

Benjamin
Old December 23rd 05, 05:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Dean Jarratt wrote:
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Riva 128 4MB AGP
Riva TNT
3DFX Voodoo Banshee
Riva TNT 2 Ultra
Geforce 2 MX
Geforce 2 Ultra
Geforce 3 TI200
Geforce FX 5600
Radeon 9600 Pro
Geforce FX 5700
Geforce 6 6600GT AGP

Old December 23rd 05, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , Dean
Jarratt says...
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Cirrus Logic thing + PowerVR
Matrox G220
Matrox G450
Geforce 256
Geforce 2MX
Geforce 4200Ti
Radeon 9800SE AIW
Geforce 6600GT
Geforce 7800GT

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old December 23rd 05, 06:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message ...
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

Paradise Professional (ISA)
Video7 1024i
Diamond ProStar (or something) (VLB)
Matrox Millenium I (PCI)
Matrox Millenium II
Matrox Mystique
Matrox G400 Max (AGP)
Geforce 256DDR
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Old December 23rd 05, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Dean Jarratt wrote:

S3 whatever with 1mb Ram
Voodoo1 8mb iirc
Voodoo Banshee
Riva tnt+2 Voodoo2 SLI ( yeah the proper SLi not the watered down stuff
Nvidia utilises today)
Geforce 1
Geforce 2mx
Voodoo 5 5500
Geforce 4MX 400?
Radeon 9700 Pro cooled by Zalman Dual Heatpipe cooler
Geforce 6600Gt with VF 700 AlCu
Geforce 6800Le@16/6 350/800Mhz completely passive cooled thanks to Polar
Freezer

don't know where to go next,7800 Gt would be PCi-E meaning a new
Mainboard n stuff and theres the silencing issue :-D
Old December 23rd 05, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Started with a Pentium 166 but don't remeber what I had. Whan't 3D i'm sure

- ATI Rage 2 (was that a 3d card???? haha)
- Asus mx400
- Asus V9520 Video Suite Geforce Fx5200 128M (was my card for a long time)
- ATI Radeon 9800XT (curent card) OC & water cooled

Old December 23rd 05, 07:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been
through
the following:-

ATI 3d Rage II + 3dfx Voodoo 2
Geforce 256 SDR
Geforce 4 4200Ti
Geforce FX5900XT
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT x2 Sli

This is gonna be embarassing.... because I have to wonder what actually IS a
'3D card' in the early days.

Available= tested, usable, not installed in anything
DEAD= not functioning (really)
Current= installed and running in a system right now

ATI Mach 64 (available)
ATI Rage 3D (available)
Matrox Millenium G200 16 meg (available)
CL 3D Blaster PCI (a Rendition Verite 1000 based card) (can't find it!)
CL Voodoo2 12 meg (available)
Wicked 3D Voodoo2 12 meg (available)
Diamond Viper v770Ultra (current)
Asus V6800 (GeForce 256) (DEAD)
CL GeForce2 GTS (DEAD)
PNY GF4 Ti4600 (current)
ATI Radeon 7000 (current)
ATI Radeon 8500 (gave this to someone)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (available, might be dying)
PNY GF FX5900 (available, bad fan)
eVGA 6800 128meg (12,5) (current)
eVGA 6800GT 256meg (current in this rig)

Duh.
McG.

Old December 23rd 05, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"McGrandpa" wrote in message

"Dean Jarratt" wrote in message
From when I can remember actually buying 3rd party cards, I've been
[...]

I forgot to list a few. Up there are listed the PCI and AGP flavors. Below
are the VLB flavor.
Hercules Dynamite Pro VL
Diamond Viper VL
Some S3 Virge VL card