nView option?

Old November 25th 05, 01:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default nView option?

I got a TV connected to my video card TV-Out connector as well as my
standard D-Sub monitor, but for some reason, the nView mode only got "Single
Display" option. I can't seem to get any other options available such as
"Clone". Anyone can help me and give me suggestion. By the way, I tried
different driver already.

Thanks,
Carrot

Old November 26th 05, 09:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Carrot" wrote in message
u...
I got a TV connected to my video card TV-Out connector as well as my
standard D-Sub monitor, but for some reason, the nView mode only got
"Single
Display" option. I can't seem to get any other options available such as
"Clone". Anyone can help me and give me suggestion. By the way, I tried
different driver already.

Depends on the card, and the driver. Some older cards wouldn't show the TV
unless it was powered on before turning the PC on. Some cards don't handle
more than one display (eg. GF3 series, GF2 non-MX). What card have you got,
and what drivers are you using?

Dan

Old November 27th 05, 06:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

lsho wrote:
I got an on board ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard which had the nForce 6150 GPU
chipset on board. I can output to my TV but I can't clone the display with
my LCD monitor together with the TV, it just doesn't give me any option. I
tried the manufacturer graphic driver as well as nVidia size latest driver
as well, still doesn't give me the option. Don't know what I done wrong
here.

There's an option in the settings to "force TV detection", that should
get the output to show up at least. If you can't get any output on the
TV with that setting, then I would suspect that the TV (or the TV-out
module on the motherboard if it has one) isn't hooked up properly.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

Old November 29th 05, 11:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Finally I got the TV-Out working, but now I got another problem.

In my nView option, it only give me the "Single Display" option, doesn't
have any other like "Clone" etc...

I suspect it still can't find my TV, since I only force to output to my TV.
That's why it doesn't give me the option to clone.

Any idea how to fix this problem? I can switch between TV & LCD but not dual
mode.

Thanks,
Carrot

Old November 29th 05, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Carrot wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:50:04 +1100:

Finally I got the TV-Out working, but now I got another problem.

In my nView option, it only give me the "Single Display" option, doesn't
have any other like "Clone" etc...

I suspect it still can't find my TV, since I only force to output to my
TV. That's why it doesn't give me the option to clone.

Any idea how to fix this problem? I can switch between TV & LCD but not
dual mode.

If we knew what model card you had it would be easier to help. If it's a GF2
non-MX (eg. GF2 GTS), or a GF3 card, you won't get it working - they can
only drive one output at a time.

Also, what driver version do you have? It might be a limitation of the
drivers if they're quite old.

Dan

Old December 1st 05, 10:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Hi,

My video card is nForce 6150 graphic that built on the motherboard ASUS
A8N-VM CSM, it has a TV-Out feature built on the mainboard. I'm using this
adapter card thru the ribbon cable to connect to my motherboard:

http://www.asus.com.au/610/html/shar...13/index.htm#6

Not sure whether it will be different to normal video card for the TV-Out
feature.

Thanks,
Carrot

"Spack" ...

Old January 2nd 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Hello,

i have a MSI K8NGM2-FID GeForce6150 and the same problem.
Do you have a answer?

--
strafprediger