Inno3d geforce 6800gt not showing red colour - help!

Old October 7th 05, 02:40 PM
Dave

Default Inno3d geforce 6800gt not showing red colour - help!

Hi,

I built a pc recently with the following specs:

A8N-SLI Premium mboard
Athlon 64 3200+
Inno 3D Geforce 6800gt PCI-E graphics card
1GB Ballistix 184-pin DIMM RAM
Tagan TG530-U22 530W power supply

The system booted up ok but the colours on the monitor looked a bit
weird. After further investigation there's no red colour available -
it's just black. I've hooked up 2 other monitors with the same result
so it's not monitor related.

Is it likely to be the graphics card at fault or is there something else
I could try before RMA'ing the card? I've done the usual things like
checking connections, using the latest drivers, replacing the analogue
adapter etc. but still no red!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave
Old October 7th 05, 04:30 PM
Sune Storgaard

Dave wrote:
Is it likely to be the graphics card at fault or is there something
else I could try before RMA'ing the card? I've done the usual things
like checking connections, using the latest drivers, replacing the
analogue adapter etc. but still no red!

Try the DVI outout using a dvi-vga adapter if possible. Should work if its
a loose soldering or missing pin, but either way it does sound like a broken
card.

--
This episode is called: "an elephant ****s a pig".
But the networks had it changed to "an elephant makes love to a pig".