nVidia Geforce4 MX440 TV-out problem

Old July 26th 05, 09:55 PM
MulanNo1

Default nVidia Geforce4 MX440 TV-out problem

For almost a year we've been running MX440 in Clone mode, with the
primary display being a CRT (1024x768) and a TV-out to a video capture
card on another computer that displays the same desktop content at
640x480. It's working fine except that the TV-out images look a bit
whitewashed. To correct that problem, we installed the most recent
nVidia driver (77.72). The new driver does provide a better control
over the brightness and such but messes up the TV-out. Rather than an
image of the whole desktop, now we get a virtual desktop image(640x480)
that follows the mouse around. We've tried changing the settings in
Video overlay and setting both displays in full screen mode with no
luck. Does anybody have any insight into this problem? Thanks ahead.

Old July 27th 05, 08:42 AM
Pharmanaut

"MulanNo1" wrote in message
oups.com...
For almost a year we've been running MX440 in Clone mode, with the
primary display being a CRT (1024x768) and a TV-out to a video capture
card on another computer that displays the same desktop content at
640x480. It's working fine except that the TV-out images look a bit
whitewashed. To correct that problem, we installed the most recent
nVidia driver (77.72). The new driver does provide a better control
over the brightness and such but messes up the TV-out. Rather than an
image of the whole desktop, now we get a virtual desktop image(640x480)
that follows the mouse around. We've tried changing the settings in
Video overlay and setting both displays in full screen mode with no
luck. Does anybody have any insight into this problem? Thanks ahead.

There seems to be a whole raft of problems with latest drivers and
GeForce4 cards using the tv out option. Personally I had no watchable output
at all on clone tv out.
In the end I rolled back to last good driver for me which was 66.93.
This works fine now on my Albutron GeForce4 Ti4200P

Pharm..

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply.

"...The people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and
exposing the country to greater danger "

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759