Any new beta news on HL2 or Doom3

Old February 12th 04, 06:41 PM
Jim

Default Any new beta news on HL2 or Doom3

I know the alpha/beta of Doom3 I have is over a year old. I was wondering
if anyone had heard if they will be releasing any new betas any time soon?
Any word from ID on a release date for Doom3? I think I'm more excited
about the engine than the game since I'm looking forward to a game like Call
of Duty2 or Jedi Knight X using that engine.

Thanks

Old February 12th 04, 06:57 PM
Kai Robinson

Check www.doom3.com on a regular basis. It went live just before xmas and
its apparently 'coming soon'. In my mind - they're getting ready to ship
it - box art, manuals etc, and amassing stockpiles of the game to send out
to vendors. plus maybe a little last minute code polishing - you know how
carmack is. :P

Kai

Old February 12th 04, 09:24 PM
John Lewis

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:57:26 +0100, "Kai Robinson"
wrote:

Check www.doom3.com on a regular basis. It went live just before xmas and
its apparently 'coming soon'. In my mind - they're getting ready to ship
it - box art, manuals etc, and amassing stockpiles of the game to send out
to vendors. plus maybe a little last minute code polishing - you know how
carmack is. :P

Ship date 15 April 2004 according to EB games. Not
for me. I'll wait until it comes on firesale. I've had enough of
gory-monsters and dreary post-apocalyptic 'dungeons' to
last me a lifetime.

I will enjoy Far Cry (23 March 2004) much better anyway with
its idyllic-island settings and open game-play.

Somebody needs to do a Far Cry mod with a bunch of surfing
beach-babes............

John Lewis

Kai