53.03 Lost nVidia Settings Tab

Old December 18th 03, 11:38 PM
Bob Orton

Default 53.03 Lost nVidia Settings Tab

Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
settings tab under Display Properties-Settings-Advanced. I went
into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
installation/upgrade procedure?

XP Pro
GeForce TI4600

C.Bob
Old December 19th 03, 01:12 AM
R.V. Gronoff

Bob Orton a écrit :

Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
settings tab under Display Properties-Settings-Advanced. I went
into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
installation/upgrade procedure?

XP Pro
GeForce TI4600

Same problem for me, same config too.
Weird... :-/

--
Merci d'enlever le-munster-du-frigo pour me répondre par mail.
ICQ 248572128

Old December 19th 03, 01:16 AM
R.V. Gronoff

Bob Orton a écrit :

Now that I've installed the 53.03s, I no longer have an nVidia
settings tab under Display Properties-Settings-Advanced. I went
into safe mode, removed all traces of nVidia remnants and reinstalled.
Same problem. I tried installing an older driver, no tab there now
either. It must be a conflict somewhere I guess...or I'm installing
it wrong. Any advice and can someone tell me their
installation/upgrade procedure?

XP Pro
GeForce TI4600

I have the very same config as yours, and my Nvidia tab is well in place.
Try to restore your system to the nearest point after you installed the
driver.

Old December 19th 03, 09:13 AM
SkyFoxXP

Exactly the same problem he no nvidia tab at all (with all bells and
whistles) after upgrading from 42.70 to 53.03.
I even thought that I had reverted back to the standard microsoft drivers!!
but after checking the version, I'm in 5.3.0.3.

Any idea?
Thanks!

--

m...

Old December 19th 03, 05:10 PM
Bob Orton

Well, I have the settings tab now, but it's only after installing the
45.23s. I guess I just can't support the latest drivers. May be
something with the card BIOS not being compatible with the driver.
Who knows.

C.Bob

Old December 19th 03, 08:11 PM
John Lewis

On 19 Dec 2003 08:10:30 -0800, (Bob Orton)
wrote:

Well, I have the settings tab now, but it's only after installing the
45.23s. I guess I just can't support the latest drivers. May be
something with the card BIOS not being compatible with the driver.
Who knows.

C.Bob

Unlikely. Unless you have a Via MB chip-set of course......... :-( :-(

More like residual junk from 45.23 or even a previous
installation. Go to
www.guru3d.com and select a
driver removal utility then try 53.03 again, assuming that
you are using WinXP. Otherwise 53.04.

John Lewis

Old December 19th 03, 11:10 PM
Bob Orton

From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):

We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .

This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.

Old December 20th 03, 07:28 AM
John Lewis

On 19 Dec 2003 14:10:44 -0800, (Bob Orton)
wrote:

From NVidia Tech Support (less than 24 hours later...cool):

We recommend that you not use the newer nvidia base drivers. Their
design more for their newer FX series of cards. Please go to
www.driverheaven.net/cleaner this is a program that will remove entry
from the registry. Please run this to help correct the problem your
having. Afterwards, go to www.visiontek.com click drivers and scroll
down till you see Release 25, Version 30.82 This should help you out .

This worked BTW, but I used 45.23 instead.

What video card do you have ? What OS ?
Glad to know that 45.23 works.

John Lewis