Driver Question

Old November 15th 03, 09:45 PM
Chris Murfitt

Default Driver Question

Is using the 52.16 drivers with a geforce Ti4200 a waste of time since the
52xx are mainly for the FX series of cards? Should I just use earlier
drivers (44.03 or 45.23)? I don't notice a big difference except for 3D Mark
scores which go down for the 52.16's. Is there any advantage to using the
newer drivers with an older card?

Old November 16th 03, 02:48 PM
Danger Mouse

"ART" wrote in message
I had 4200ti 64 and the best driver I ever had was 30.82.

I agree,i use a 4400ti 128 with the 30.82 drivers.Best performance for my

Flight Sim even though they score low on benchmarks.

Old November 16th 03, 03:38 PM
ART

Same for me , I was using a creative 4200TI-64 with FS2002 on a P4-1.9 and
everything set to max except 3D clouds at 50% , the sim was very smooth .
Have never O/C the card .
30.82 was definitety the best driver.
For FS9 , 4200TI is limited unfortunately .
Another sim , another time......

MIKE737

Old November 16th 03, 01:16 AM
DaveW

The 52.16 driver includes instructions for the advanced shaders that are
part of the DX9 spec, which only the FX cards include.

--
DaveW

Old November 17th 03, 08:31 PM
Yves Leclerc

Not all the FX cards would have the advanced shaders. I believe that the FX
5200s do not have them, or not the complete settings.

Y.

Old November 17th 03, 11:40 PM
Lenny

Not all the FX cards would have the advanced shaders. I believe that the

FX
5200s do not have them, or not the complete settings.

That is incorrect. The 5200 is just (lots) slower than the other cards in
the series.