How long...

Old July 25th 05, 07:11 PM
Stefano Ferrante

Default How long...

....before a new release of the forceware drivers for winxp? (Not the already
available beta...)
I cannot stand the 77.72 version anymore. I reverted to the 71.89 hoping to
solve issues with Thief Deadly Shadows to no effort.

How long does it normally take before the beta testing expires and a new
verson is released?
Of course, a stable version :-)

I wouldn't go back any further for fear of other issues (for example the
next available backversion has issues with Star Wars Republic Commando, that
I own, of course :-(

Stefano

Old July 25th 05, 07:26 PM
Tim

"Stefano Ferrante" wrote in message

I cannot stand the 77.72 version anymore. I reverted to the 71.89 hoping
to solve issues with Thief Deadly Shadows to no effort.

What issues do you have with Thief: Deadly Shadows?

Old July 25th 05, 08:14 PM
Stefano Ferrante

"Tim" ha scritto nel messaggio

"Stefano Ferrante" wrote in message

I cannot stand the 77.72 version anymore. I reverted to the 71.89 hoping
to solve issues with Thief Deadly Shadows to no effort.

What issues do you have with Thief: Deadly Shadows?

During gameplay my pc crashes and the screen goes blank; the monitors comes
up with an out of range warning, refresh rate too high (192 Hz) and the only
way to restart the computer is the reset button.
I opened the memory dump crash file and the result is always the same:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll

Or: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'SAVRT' and 'kmixer.sys' overlap
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll

The only solution is to wait for the new release of forceware, as the
release notes of the beta version mention this problem.

Stefano

Old July 25th 05, 11:09 PM
Nikonja

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:14:02 +0200, Stefano Ferrante wrote:

[...]

There is a 77.76 beta and it's faaar better than 77.72 and triple buffering
is added also !
Old July 26th 05, 10:46 PM
dawg

It's doubtful if newer drivers will fix a problem with an old game.
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and use older drivers. Happened
to me(and others) with FX cards and Gothic 2.

Old July 27th 05, 02:48 PM
Neil Barras

I've had problems with the new drivers on my XFX FX5500 256MB. When I
attempted to run Counter Strike Source and Half Life 2, I got an error
saying the graphics settings were not acceptable (Don't know what they were,
had to re-format drive, hence the game screwed over; and can't remember the
drivers I was previously on.) with even the "Default" settings which it
automatically tried being a no no. I then uninstalled the drivers and went
back to the ones that came on CD (60.85) and hey presto! I was gaming once
more!

Anyone know the best drivers for the 5500?

Cheers,

Neil

Old July 30th 05, 09:34 AM
Stefano Ferrante

"First of One" ha scritto nel messaggio
How high did you set your AGP aperture in BIOS?

"Stefano Ferrante" wrote in message
...before a new release of the forceware drivers for winxp? (Not the
already available beta...)

It's a PciX card, so I guess there shouldn't be anything agp related in the
bios.

Stefano