What happens to outdated unused inventory?

Old April 25th 06, 02:36 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default What happens to outdated unused inventory?

Hi all!

What happens to boxed CPUs ie. Pentium 2.4 Ghz/400 Mhz FSB/Northwood, which
weren't sold in the stores, or which Intel had at one time as inventory?

If the stores return it to Intel, what does Intel do with them? What does
Intel
do with unsold stock? What happens to the thousands/millions of unused
processors?

I am asking because I am trying to find the exact same processor above, and
have not had much success on ebay so far.

Thanks in advance!

Buck.

Old April 26th 06, 07:53 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

"Buck Rogers" wrote in message
newsp.s8jiqzzvk1j5fz@buck-hq8w50vj01...
Hi all!

What happens to boxed CPUs ie. Pentium 2.4 Ghz/400 Mhz FSB/Northwood,

which
weren't sold in the stores, or which Intel had at one time as inventory?

If the stores return it to Intel, what does Intel do with them? What does
Intel
do with unsold stock? What happens to the thousands/millions of unused
processors?

I am asking because I am trying to find the exact same processor above,

and
have not had much success on ebay so far.

Thanks in advance!

Buck.

Option a.) Sell them to the Chinese
Option b.) Throw them away
Option c.) melt down the silicon and reuse
Optino d.) Smithsonian Institute

Old April 26th 06, 10:33 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:53:25 +0800, Judd wrote:

Option a.) Sell them to the Chinese
Option b.) Throw them away
Option c.) melt down the silicon and reuse
Optino d.) Smithsonian Institute

Heh, they can throw them away, my way!
Old April 27th 06, 03:36 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

I've had to find old logic chips (~20-30 years old) before and
discovered electronics brokers. These dealers buy up the old stock and
sell them to desperate people for a dear price. If you think you'll find
a bargain - forget it.

For example, today I searched for a replacement computer power supply.
This supply had a proprietary connector and all the pin voltages were
swapped around from the ATX standard. Luckily I got one from Gateway for
$26, but I did see another being sold by a broker for $292 (refurb).

If you're truly willing to pay desperate prices, then google the chip
number printed on the processor.

Lance
*****

Old April 27th 06, 05:47 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz 400MHz 478pin 512KB CPU, OEM
Package: OEM
Manufacturer: Intel
Manufacturer Part#: RK80532PC056512
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=P4_2.4-A&c=fr&pid=fd97c3547d588a5ad00cda5718457d4772393be 090898e083c7ef81105633ea9

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:36:25 +0800, "Buck Rogers"
wrote:

Hi all!

What happens to boxed CPUs ie. Pentium 2.4 Ghz/400 Mhz FSB/Northwood, which
weren't sold in the stores, or which Intel had at one time as inventory?

If the stores return it to Intel, what does Intel do with them? What does
Intel
do with unsold stock? What happens to the thousands/millions of unused
processors?

I am asking because I am trying to find the exact same processor above, and
have not had much success on ebay so far.

Thanks in advance!

Buck.

Frustrated with my outdated PCI slot, need an upgrade Luigica General 8 April 1st 06 01:31 AM
Hardware inventory Robotique General 2 February 19th 06 04:28 AM
Problem reclaiming unused disk space after HD clone emlyna Storage (alternative) 0 January 9th 05 02:14 PM
Outdated Ink Inks Printers 2 November 28th 04 05:38 PM
How to access "unused" PCI connector, Dell Dimension 4500S Paul Soderman Dell Computers 2 April 17th 04 03:11 PM