Xp saying there is a secondary GFX card - please help

Old July 4th 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Simon Adebisi

Default Xp saying there is a secondary GFX card - please help

I am installing an AGP x1650 pro 512mb card but it does nnot work. It
displays in 640 x 480 and keeps saying there is not a driver or there
is a problem withb the hardware. I have installed the laters drivers,
the ones on the CD, reinstalled them and took them off. I have disable
the card in device manager but still problems. It shows an AGP card
and a PCI card in the device manager. It calls the AGP one
(secondary). I have no PCI or PCI-E card (or PCI-E slot).

Whats happend?

TIA
Adebisi

Old July 5th 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Dr. Richard Cranium

you have a sound card ?

sometimes that interferes with the video driver installation. Even though that problem is usually with NVIDIA.
So you might have to pull your sound card out of your PC. Then install the video card drivers (software).

Do you have a network card in slot 1 ? next to AGP slot ? you might have to move what ever is in the PCI slot next to the
agp slot over one. Look in your mainboard manual for PCI slots that share the irq with the AGP, and try not to put anything in that slot.

hope this helps,

** no fate **

dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

Zebby (the machete) NE Huntress / Aja Nightstalker cat (bite,prowl)
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul'jin&n=Zebby
Marksmanship solo PVE
16/28/10
--------------------------------
Aliase Hume Rogue
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul'jin&n=Aliase
Subtlety solo PVE
5/15/34

WoW ingame pictures in a smoke free environment:
http://www.smokeypoint.com/if_airport/telaar.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/if_airport/IF_airport.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft1.html

====================

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old July 5th 07, 11:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Geoff

"Simon Adebisi" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am installing an AGP x1650 pro 512mb card but it does nnot work. It
displays in 640 x 480 and keeps saying there is not a driver or there
is a problem withb the hardware. I have installed the laters drivers,
the ones on the CD, reinstalled them and took them off. I have disable
the card in device manager but still problems. It shows an AGP card
and a PCI card in the device manager. It calls the AGP one
(secondary). I have no PCI or PCI-E card (or PCI-E slot).

Whats happend?

nothing is wrong most likley
just get the latest drivers from ATI site
don't disable the device in device manager

Old July 5th 07, 12:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shane Davenport[_2_]

I was having the exact same problem. The card was a "Built by ATI". I
called tech support and they told me that they had a bad batch of pci-e to
agp bridge chips. I sent the card back to the vender that I got it from and
got the same card except it is a VisionTek. Every thing is working great
now.

Old July 5th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"Simon Adebisi" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am installing an AGP x1650 pro 512mb card but it does nnot work. It
displays in 640 x 480 and keeps saying there is not a driver or there
is a problem withb the hardware. I have installed the laters drivers,
the ones on the CD, reinstalled them and took them off. I have disable
the card in device manager but still problems. It shows an AGP card
and a PCI card in the device manager. It calls the AGP one
(secondary). I have no PCI or PCI-E card (or PCI-E slot).

Whats happend?

TIA
Adebisi

Is this a new build or was something installed previously? If you have on
board graphics they may need to be turned off in BIOS.

Check BIOS settings and make sure it's set to boot AGP. Check that you have
the latest chipset drivers for your M/B and if a newer BIOS is available
consider that too.

The AGP should show up as primary and your secondary display should show up
as a PCI card even though it's not physically another card. AIWs show up as
3 cards.

Old July 9th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Iyotake

I had a similar thing happen to me in Vista. Turns out it was trying to use
my TV out as the primary video connection, so I disabled it and had no more
problems
--
Iyotake

What two head video card can play High Definition video on a secondary monitor in the extended desktop mode? Dima[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 18 July 2nd 07 07:11 AM
secondary pci vga card marko General 0 November 6th 06 04:39 PM
HDD on secondary IDE David Martin General 8 November 24th 04 10:17 AM
MMC 8.9 not recognizing secondary ATI card - no Multview Paul Goodman Ati Videocards 0 February 16th 04 04:56 PM
Secondary Vid card shows up? Derek Ati Videocards 2 June 30th 03 07:13 AM