Ink refills

Old June 7th 05, 06:19 AM
measekite

Burt wrote:

Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.

"measekite" wrote in message

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
om...

What a pain in the ass.

Yes I am, Measekite. Live and let live. If people want to refill their
carts it is up to them. Nothing lost except a little bit of time and a
very few dollars worth of ink and maybe (it is possible) a clogged
printhead.

Jeff wrote:

I refill a rather elderly model 920c and it's ridiculously easy - 100%
SUCCESSFUL, always and ABSOLUTELY mess free. No jive talk, no "pain in
the ass". This is a model with a tri-color cart and a black. For the
color I
drilled three holes near the top and inserted ink with a syringe in the
correct chamber (instructions usually come with the ink or simply Google
the Net. The holes are simply sealed with tape. For the Black I pushed
in
the plug (I believe), injected ink and capped with a set screw - must be
stainless (so it won't rust). The cartridges will drip a little for a
while
and then stop. Don't insert a still stabilizing (slow dripping)
cartridge.
The print output is identical as far as my eyes can tell. This printer
isn't used for photos, just graphics and text. Bulk inks have saved me a
ton of cash in the 5 or so years that I've had it. Years ago I saved
empty
cartridges my company was throwing out. So now I have plenty of
replacements. But they rarely die on me. And I've never had one clog
either. I don't know if the more recent models are as easy to refill.
Perhaps HP has been researching ways to stop me from saving money - in
the name of progress, of course.

Google the Net for your printer model refill instructions.

"Andy Grey" wrote in

Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
to a thread or FAQ or something:

Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

Regards,
Andy

Old June 7th 05, 06:22 AM
Burt

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

Burt wrote:

Jeff filled you in on techniques he has used successfully. Go on to
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ as I recall some information there on
refilling HP carts. Most of the discussion is about Canon inks, but if
your don't see what you need, post a question and someone with
experience

like me Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek will give you the same Bull**** you
get here. Many of the same people of the AfterMarket Club.

I am not like Measekite. I speak from my own positive experience with
these products and Canon printers. Measekite has no experience with
aftermarket inks but speaks against their use and against the vendors who
sell them. You judge who is BSing

Do you mean Bull****ting oh holy one - you bigot

A bigot I am not. You have never seen a single bigoted remark from me in
the many months I have participated in this NG. You said "like me
Burtie..." and I will repeat, no way am I like you. That doesn't make me a
bigot. An apology would be appropriate for that remark. That I don't
approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene comments doesn't
make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy respect for civility,
honesty, and friendly discourse.

(snip)

Old June 7th 05, 06:25 AM
Burt

And again, Measekite changes my post to change the meaning. Dishonest and
childish.

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..

Burt wrote:

Again, measekite unfortunately really knows his stuff.

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

Burt wrote:

. com...

Old June 7th 05, 06:27 AM
measekite

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
om...

Burt wrote:

[...]

Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek ****ed
off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

That I don't
approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene comments doesn't
make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy respect for civility,
honesty, and friendly intercourse.

(snip)

Old June 7th 05, 06:36 AM
Frank

measekite wrote:

Now now did inky stinky get little Burtie Furtie aka fotofreek ****ed
off. Oh poor baby. Are you going to sleep good tonite.

I don't think so meser****. You're way too far gone over the idiot side
to even know what's going on.
We've got your number. :-)
Frank

Old June 7th 05, 06:42 AM
Andy Grey

Does it matter who you buy the ink from? care to recommend anyone?

Andy

"Frank" wrote in message
measekite wrote:
With most printers you take a risk of clogged printheads. However, since
most HP carts have an integrated printhead there is less risk. The
greatest risk is leaky carts screwing up the printer. I hear that the
TriColor is more difficult to fill than the black. Generally refilling
is a pain in the ass. You can also buy noname reman HP carts from
various sources. As to how good they are who knows.

Andy Grey wrote:

Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me to
a thread or FAQ or something:

Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

Regards,
Andy

Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
Not one. So don’t believe a word he says.
Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
know the difference in color output.
Frank

Old June 7th 05, 06:43 AM
Burt

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

Burt wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
. com...

Burt wrote:

[...]

Not ****ed off at all. Just confirms that you have no sense of civility and
will do anything to try to provoke me. Accusing someone of being a bigot is
as mean-spirited and slanderous as you can get. And yes, I will sleep
well - Sleep "good" is not the sort of English error I would expect from our
Stanford MBA. Stanford may have had a better football team, but if you are
any indication of what they teach in their MBA program their English and
Business departments must really stink.

That I don't approve of your slurs, slanderous statements and obscene
comments doesn't make me a bigot or a holy one. I just have a healthy
respect for civility, honesty, and friendly intercourse.

The word was discourse - means dialogue or discussion - and if you didn't
know it, friendly intercourse is not far from that meaning as the word is
used as "social intercourse" or social interrelationships. You, however,
have changed my post to something you regard as a sexual slur.

(snip)

Old June 7th 05, 06:43 AM
Andy Grey

Whose ink would you recommend?
Andy

"Burt" wrote in message
.. .
No problem, Measekite, you just have to refill more than one and have it
in reserve just like when you use exclusively OEM inks. Some people who
use aftermarket carts or refill have a set of OEM carts standing by as
well. I have three sets that I refill in rotation. When one stops
functioning after several refills I toss it and use another OEM or a new
empty cart that I refill with my preferred aftermarket ink. Works just as
well as OEM and no problems in almost a year.

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..

Andy Grey wrote:

Maybe this question has been answered before and someone can point me
to a thread or FAQ or something:

Is it practical to try to refill Hp ink carts? Does it work? Are they
reliable? Do they produce output as good ad OEM carts?

Regards,
Andy

Andy, don't believe this clown. He is an amateur wannabe printer/ink
expert who has never ever refilled an ink cartridge.
Not one. So don't believe a word he says.
Refilling is easy, fun and you'll save a ton of money and you'll never
know the difference in color output.
Frank

Hey it is 5 minutes before a deadline and your job depends on it so you
hit the print button. Oh boy the printer is out of ink. So it is time
to have fun and refill the cart so you can print and make the deadline.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-D :-D :-D

OK FRANKIE CRANKIE GAW HEAD AND MAKE MY DAY

YOU DUMB JERK

How many refills are typical on HP carts? (#57,#58 & #56) Te Printers 2 October 4th 04 06:29 PM
Are there refills for HP Color inkjet CP1700? gamer Printers 0 September 23rd 04 06:42 PM
Lexmark refills Nick Printers 0 May 26th 04 06:28 AM
Best printer for refills? Bugs Printers 17 December 29th 03 09:30 PM
refills for hp psc 2210 fuzzy Printers 0 October 23rd 03 08:01 PM