Final Choice - i860 or i960

Old November 30th 03, 11:43 PM
*richmac*

Default Final Choice - i860 or i960

After mulling over all the sound advice received from group, I have to
decide on either the i860 or i960.

I like higher resolution - relevant? A 4x6 separate photo paper tray.

I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something which will not be obsolete in
no time. So, the final question, is i960 worth the price?

Rich

Old December 1st 03, 02:11 AM
Don Davis

*richmac*,
I would go for the i860. Better text and can hardly tell the difference
in the photos. As far as going obsolete in a short time, that's going to
happen no matter which printer you purchase.
Good luck.
Don Davis

Old December 1st 03, 10:15 AM
GeoSd

The Canon i860 is better bet as it still uses 5 carts! and mine is so good
on photo's that's using Canon's own Photo Paper plus glossy and the Pro the
result's are just stunning.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:17 AM
*richmac*

Oh, good. I'll go for the i860, which is in fact more widely available where
I live.
Thanks.

Richard

"*richmac*" ¦b¶l¥ó
news:Xgvyb.530947$6C4.174243@pd7tw1no ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Old December 3rd 03, 08:23 AM
Morgan Ohlson

"*richmac*" skrev i meddelandet
After mulling over all the sound advice received from group, I have to
decide on either the i860 or i960.

I like higher resolution - relevant? A 4x6 separate photo paper tray.

I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something which will not be obsolete in
no time. So, the final question, is i960 worth the price?

Resolution is nothing!
Sometimes (on some paper qualities) ink-jets print better at lower
resolution.

Generally the ink-jets depend on the "system quality" as a total.
# non clogging ink and nozzles
# good, clear drivers and settings
# settings compatible to used paper /media qualities
# drop size!!! (small is beautiful)
# perfect paper feeding to avoid gaps and lines
# graphic ink systems (but only if all above is perfect)

....there is no quick fix to make the super perfect ink-jet at a budget!

In a deep review the crew found that the Epson c62 (cheap printer) produced
higher picture quality compared to c82, it's bigger brother. Probably the
problem depended on flaws in the c82 driver. At the data sheet the c82
should have been better in all aspects.

Morgan O.

Old December 3rd 03, 08:26 AM
Morgan Ohlson

Oh, good. I'll go for the i860, which is in fact more widely available

where
I live.
Thanks.

Richard

"*richmac*" ¦b¶l¥ó
news:Xgvyb.530947$6C4.174243@pd7tw1no ¤¤¼¶¼g...
After mulling over all the sound advice received from group, I have to
decide on either the i860 or i960.

I like higher resolution - relevant? A 4x6 separate photo paper tray.

I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something which will not be obsolete

in
no time. So, the final question, is i960 worth the price?

Canon, Swedish site only describe the i865 ...is i860 allready going out?

Morgan O.

Old December 3rd 03, 03:33 PM
Gary Tait

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:26:45 GMT, "Morgan Ohlson"
wrote:

"*richmac*" skrev i meddelandet
Oh, good. I'll go for the i860, which is in fact more widely available

where
I live.
Thanks.

Richard

"*richmac*" ¦b¶l¥ó
news:Xgvyb.530947$6C4.174243@pd7tw1no ¤¤¼¶¼g...
After mulling over all the sound advice received from group, I have to
decide on either the i860 or i960.

I like higher resolution - relevant? A 4x6 separate photo paper tray.

I'm willing to pay a bit extra for something which will not be obsolete

in
no time. So, the final question, is i960 worth the price?

Canon, Swedish site only describe the i865 ...is i860 allready going out?

Morgan O.

The i865 is the European version (with CD tray) , i860 North American,
IIRC.
Old December 11th 03, 02:28 PM
Doc

Gary Tait typed this:

wrote:

[...]

Is it "possible" to find the CD tray as aftermarket and include it into
the i860?? Would be neat.

--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto:

Old December 11th 03, 05:55 PM
GeoSd

Best to have a look here http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

"Doc" wrote in message
. ..
Gary Tait typed this:

Old December 15th 03, 10:57 PM
Doc

GeoSd typed this:

Best to have a look here http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

"Doc" wrote in message
. ..

Gary Tait typed this:

**********snip***************
no time. So, the final question, is i960 worth the price?
Canon, Swedish site only describe the i865 ...is i860 allready going
out?

Morgan O.

The i865 is the European version (with CD tray) , i860 North American,
IIRC.

Is it "possible" to find the CD tray as aftermarket and include it into
the i860?? Would be neat.

Ahh, see that it MIGHT not make it across the pond. Darn. What kind
of patent restricts such a great device.

DOES anyone know if (perhaps I 'imported' it?) the CD print aspect
could be integrated to an i860? Thanks.

--
Rich "Doc" Colley

mailto: