Dell has the worst tech support in the world

Old October 26th 09, 04:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jef Roe

Default Dell has the worst tech support in the world

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
The 24 hour tech support is a joke.
If you want to spend all night on the phone, buy a Dell.
They put you thru menu hell and then another 20 min of hold time.

Screw Dell

My 5 day service plan consisted of 4 days email correspondence to India to
determine exactly what the problem entailed. Then 2 days waiting for a call
from the Dell service company. Then a further 2 days until a day I could be
home. Now a further 2+ days cos the service parts did not repair the
problem. I say 2+ days cos when the service guy left last Friday he said I
should get a call from Dell by Monday (today) latest. It's now nearly 4.30
and no call.

Old October 26th 09, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Guy[_8_]

Metspitzer;1125511 Wrote:
Dell has the worst tech support in the world

Does not. Westinghouse is even worse.

Old October 26th 09, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Agent_C

On 26 Oct 2009 13:12:54 GMT, John Doe wrote:

That, thanks in part to ultraliberal states like your New York.
You like cheap tomatoes and cheap labor, but do not realize or
care about the massive burden of illegal immigrants.

Think about that before you post something racist and belittling
of others.

New York is full of moral degenerates who prefer big government
over self-defense. The Statue of Liberty is a Trojan Horse, but
you are not bright enough to figure that out (even after September
11, 2001), you keep asking for more of the same. New York is the
origin of almost everything that tears our country apart.

Dude, you are one confused Redneck...

A_C
Old October 26th 09, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim[_27_]

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:01:47 -0500, Metspitzer wrote:

The 24 hour tech support is a joke.
If you want to spend all night on the phone, buy a Dell. They put you
thru menu hell and then another 20 min of hold time.

Screw Dell

Now you know why Dell is no longer #1. Or #2 for that matter.
Old October 27th 09, 04:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
larry moe 'n curly

Metspitzer wrote:

The 24 hour tech support is a joke.
If you want to spend all night on the phone, buy a Dell.
They put you thru menu hell and then another 20 min of hold time.

Screw Dell

As the owner of a Toshiba laptop, I have to say you're wrong.
Toshiba's tech support does tend to answer the phone promptly and in
English that's quite intelligible to Americans (usually with lots of
um-hmms), but most of the level 1 people seem to know nothing about
computers, so talking to them is as bad as waiting on hold. For
example, I asked about the maximum RAM capacity of my Satellite A205-
S5825 and was told it was "one-six-zero-G-B"! And when I once
referred to something on the exploded diagram and parts list, the
"technician" begged me to e-mail that information to him. Apparently
Toshiba gives its level 1 and level 2 tech support access only to the
same skimpy website that consumer use (hurray for www.IrisVista.com).
At least Dell provides fairly detailed hardware information for repair
and upgrades and has fairly active user forums with informed
customers.

I've heard that HP/Compaq is even worse.

Old October 27th 09, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
larry moe 'n curly

Guy wrote:

Metspitzer;1125511 Wrote:

Dell has the worst tech support in the world

Does not. Westinghouse is even worse.

Kodak. In 2005 they were great and could answer any technical
question, so my employer bought nothing but Kodak digital cameras.
But by 2008, Kodak had outsourced its tech support to IBM's crew of
merry search-term-typing elves. They were clueless, and the only good
answer I got from them was a recommendation to try Digital Photography
Forums (DPforums.com).

Dell Tech Support cranheim Dell Computers 5 February 7th 08 02:20 AM
Dell Tech Support rila Dell Computers 48 April 1st 05 09:01 AM
DELL TECH SUPPORT Harry Gordon Dell Computers 7 February 15th 05 08:06 PM
Gateway Customer Service (tech support?) is the worst I have ever encountered eblaster Gateway Computers 7 November 30th 04 12:37 AM
Dell tech support Paul Ostrof Dell Computers 4 December 23rd 03 11:14 AM