Need Help With Installing HP 950 PSC AllInOne

Old October 18th 06, 01:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

Default Need Help With Installing HP 950 PSC AllInOne

Wouldn't you know it!

I have a HP 950 PSC AllInOne (Print/Scan/Fax) that I want to install
on a new machine with WXP SP2.

I can't find the CD that came with it. I've looked & looked.

I tried DriverGuide.com, but all they seem to have are print-drivers
for this printer under the various OS's.

I tried one of the drivers, and it worked just fine for setting the
950 up as a printer.

Now how do I set it up for scanning (I don't need the fax)? As I
recall, the missing CD disk had all that software plus more I think.

HP has discontinued the printer, and I could find no way to get a
replacement disk.

So - I can't use the 950 as a scanner. Can anyone tell me how to
solve this dilemma?

Thanks

Jethro
Old October 18th 06, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Paul

Jethro wrote:

Wouldn't you know it!

I have a HP 950 PSC AllInOne (Print/Scan/Fax) that I want to install
on a new machine with WXP SP2.

I can't find the CD that came with it. I've looked & looked.

I tried DriverGuide.com, but all they seem to have are print-drivers
for this printer under the various OS's.

I tried one of the drivers, and it worked just fine for setting the
950 up as a printer.

Now how do I set it up for scanning (I don't need the fax)? As I
recall, the missing CD disk had all that software plus more I think.

HP has discontinued the printer, and I could find no way to get a
replacement disk.

So - I can't use the 950 as a scanner. Can anyone tell me how to
solve this dilemma?

Thanks

Jethro

There is a 37.58MB download here. Have you tried it ?
There is also a critical update file, whatever that is.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...02 59&lang=en

Paul
Old October 18th 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:23:09 -0400, Paul wrote:

Jethro wrote:

[...]

Yes I did Paul. It seemed to install the 950 as a printer okay, but
nothing else - not the scanner nor the fax. I suspect the software
for them was separate and on the CD I lost.

Thanks anyway.

Jethro
Old October 18th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
beenthere

"Jethro" wrote in message
Wouldn't you know it!

I have a HP 950 PSC AllInOne (Print/Scan/Fax) that I want to install
on a new machine with WXP SP2.

I can't find the CD that came with it. I've looked & looked.

I tried DriverGuide.com, but all they seem to have are print-drivers
for this printer under the various OS's.

I tried one of the drivers, and it worked just fine for setting the
950 up as a printer.

Now how do I set it up for scanning (I don't need the fax)? As I
recall, the missing CD disk had all that software plus more I think.

HP has discontinued the printer, and I could find no way to get a
replacement disk.

So - I can't use the 950 as a scanner. Can anyone tell me how to
solve this dilemma?

Read D\loading the sofware here. Better to order the CD.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ame= bpu01857

Old October 18th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:12:13 GMT, "beenthere"
wrote:

"Jethro" wrote in message
.. .
Wouldn't you know it!

I have a HP 950 PSC AllInOne (Print/Scan/Fax) that I want to install
on a new machine with WXP SP2.

I can't find the CD that came with it. I've looked & looked.

I tried DriverGuide.com, but all they seem to have are print-drivers
for this printer under the various OS's.

I tried one of the drivers, and it worked just fine for setting the
950 up as a printer.

Now how do I set it up for scanning (I don't need the fax)? As I
recall, the missing CD disk had all that software plus more I think.

HP has discontinued the printer, and I could find no way to get a
replacement disk.

So - I can't use the 950 as a scanner. Can anyone tell me how to
solve this dilemma?

Read D\loading the sofware here. Better to order the CD.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...ame= bpu01857

Hey guys!

I tried installing again from the downloaded .exe file, and this time
it worked. Including the scan/fax functions. I think last time I
failed to complete (!) the installation properly as per the included
instructions. My fault here.

Thanks

Jethro
Old October 18th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Jethro

Default Need Help Correcting Pool of Printer Names

I am re-creating my two machine LAN, both WXP SP2.

I want my three printers all connected to one, and used by both
machines. When I 'add new printers' on the second (remote) machine I
notice that the choices include the 'share-name' I want, which has
worked fine except for one printer, but the pool of available choices
include a whole lot of names from earlier setups over the past two
years. Those choices are of no use any more, and in fact their
'share-names' are no longer valid. How do I remove all the obsolete
choices now? I could find no way.

While I am asking, the one printer that I can not seem to use remotely
is a Konica 1350W Laser. Is that printer unique is some way that
precludes sharing? The printer works fine when printing from the
machine to which it is connected, but not from the second machine.

Thanks

Jethro
Old July 3rd 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Barry Watzman

Drivers for all HP products can be downloaded from the HP web site. You
won't get "value added software" (generally that means 3rd party OCR
software), but you will get full functionality, including the scanner.

Old July 3rd 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
ElJerid

Jethro wrote:
Wouldn't you know it!

I have a HP 950 PSC AllInOne (Print/Scan/Fax) that I want to install
on a new machine with WXP SP2.

I can't find the CD that came with it. I've looked & looked.

I tried DriverGuide.com, but all they seem to have are print-drivers
for this printer under the various OS's.

I tried one of the drivers, and it worked just fine for setting the
950 up as a printer. Now how do I set it up for scanning (I don't need
the fax)? As I
recall, the missing CD disk had all that software plus more I think.

HP has discontinued the printer, and I could find no way to get a
replacement disk.

So - I can't use the 950 as a scanner. Can anyone tell me how to
solve this dilemma?

Thanks

Jethro

There will however remain a problem!
After downloading the software package from HP support website, jethro will
probably be unable to install the softwrare and will receive an error
message like "installer detected that the PSC950 is already installed".
I had this problem and could not find a way to overcome the error. I
involved HP support and after 2 months of phone calls, mails, online chatt
and escalations, the conclusion and advice of the "factory expert" was that
I had to reinstall Windows!!!
It looks like nobody at HP knows where the check routine for previous
install (other drivers, Windows default drivers, old HP drivers) is located
or how to disable it.

Old July 3rd 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
kony

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:29:22 GMT, "ElJerid"
wrote:

There will however remain a problem!
After downloading the software package from HP support website, jethro will
probably be unable to install the softwrare and will receive an error
message like "installer detected that the PSC950 is already installed".
I had this problem and could not find a way to overcome the error. I
involved HP support and after 2 months of phone calls, mails, online chatt
and escalations, the conclusion and advice of the "factory expert" was that
I had to reinstall Windows!!!
It looks like nobody at HP knows where the check routine for previous
install (other drivers, Windows default drivers, old HP drivers) is located
or how to disable it.

I don't know for certain but would suspect you first need to
install the software before plugging in the printer. If it
had been plugged in already, you might be able to remove
entries from Device Manager, otherwise you are left hunting
down associated enumerated device entries in the registry.
Old July 4th 07, 01:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
Barry Watzman

There is an "uninstall" tool for many printer models (not necessarily
all) so that you can start over clean.

However, in his case I thought he said it was a new XP machine.