It's Official - aftermarket Inks much inferior

Old September 17th 06, 02:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron

Default It's Official - aftermarket Inks much inferior

G'day all. I was reading in a recently released photography magazine that
aftermarket inks are far inferior to the branded ones. The official tester
stated that fading of prints will occur in a short period of time. I am not
trying to start a flaming war. I have extensively used aftermarket inks but
the results are now in. The guy whom was quoted in the article is the one
who extensively conducts print lifes of printers and various print papers.
This is of some concern to me as I sell prints of my photos, fortunately I
had the foresight to have my prints professionally printed. Sorry if I have
disappointed you all.

Cheers
Ron from Downunder

Old September 17th 06, 03:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Ron wrote:
G'day all. I was reading in a recently released photography magazine that
aftermarket inks are far inferior to the branded ones. The official tester
stated that fading of prints will occur in a short period of time. I am not
trying to start a flaming war. I have extensively used aftermarket inks but
the results are now in. The guy whom was quoted in the article is the one
who extensively conducts print lifes of printers and various print papers.
This is of some concern to me as I sell prints of my photos, fortunately I
had the foresight to have my prints professionally printed. Sorry if I have
disappointed you all.

Cheers
Ron from Downunder

Great news huh? Well maybe not.
You referenced a "recently released" photography magazine without naming
the actual magazine. You're aware that most magazines survive on the
money paid to them by their advertisers, right mate? You probably saw a
lot of ads from Epson, Canon, HP, et al, in that magazine, right? You
can also realize by reading the annual report from these companies that
a major part of their profits are derived from the selling of their
(over priced) oem ink carts right?
Now you don't actually think that a "recently released" photography
magazine would say anything good about after markets inks cause it might
jeopardize and endanger their future because of lost ad revenues?
You think?

Then you state that 'I have extensively used after market inks" but
"fortunately I had the foresight to have my prints professionally
printed"....
Well Ron, your own statements are rather conflicting and actually
meaningless.
If you have a personal opinion concerning the use of aftermarket inks,
then please state it. Especially if you actual do use aftermarket inks.
BTW, be sure and name the inks, your printer and the paper you use, ok?
Don't hide behind some unidentifiable 'recently released" photography
magazine, ok mate?
Only measher****head believes that kind of bull****!
Frank
Old September 17th 06, 03:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

[...]

frankly speaking! 8^)

Old September 17th 06, 04:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Paul Heslop

Frank wrote:

Ron wrote:
[...]

I must admit it came across pretty much as you have pointed out
--
Paul (This sky, too, is folding under you)
Stop and Look
Old September 17th 06, 04:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron

Now now there Frank. Dont attack me old mate. I posted here in good faith.
Keep a civil tongue in your head. I get photos that I sell professionally
printed because I own a canon pixma 8500 which, even with canon inks (dye
based) are known to fade over time. OK!!

I quote from magazine, 'Photo Review Australia', Spring 2006, page 9, with
the heading 'NEWS'. You still with me Frank?

Under sub heading 'ALTERNATIVE INKS SLAMMED' I quote directly:

"Testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) has revealed that the permanence
of prints made with third-party inks ("aftermarket" in the US parlance} is
"far inferior" to prints made with the inks from printer manufacturers. The
results of recent tests can be downloaded from
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hardcopy/hardcopy.html. The study which was
carried out in the USA, examined a range of store-branded inkjet cartridges,
cartridges refilled at franchise refill shops and other "aftermarket" ink
sets, along with third-party inkjet photo papers. The photos printed with
the aftermarket products were submitted to exactly the same testing regime
as those printed with the inks and papers from printer manufacturers Canon,
Epson, HP and Lexmark. Whenever possible, WIR matched the highest grade of a
brand of photo paper with the same brand of ink cartridge. Permanence
ratings of less than four months were found for several products, compared
with ratings of more than 23 years for the most basic products from inkjet
printer manufacturers and more than 70 years for the most durable of the
manufacturers' ink/paper combinations.

"As a group, the aftermarket inks and premium photo papers in this study had
among the lowest WIR display-permanence ratings of any products ever tested
by our lab," said Henry Wilhelm, WIR's president and founder.

Wilhelm suggests consumers purchasing third-party inks and photo papers may
be quite unaware to the limitations of the products they are buying because
hitherto there has been no scientific evaluation of theses products."

As you can now see Frank I am not, to quote your below post: "Don't hide
behind some unidentifiable 'recently released" photography
magazine, ok mate?"

Quite frankly Frank if these posts 'push your buttons' then you have a
serious attitude problem. I have extensively printed with third party inks,
loaded my own cartridges, on numerous occasions etc. I would never sell my
photos to a paying customer with these inks.

Cheers all

Ron from Downunder.

Old September 17th 06, 05:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Ron wrote:

G'day all. I was reading in a recently released photography magazine that
aftermarket inks are far inferior to the branded ones.

Thats Absolutely TRUE

The official tester
stated that fading of prints will occur in a short period of time.

Thats True also.

I am not
trying to start a flaming war.

You are posting what about a dozen of the faithful in this ng do not
want to hear since they either work, are associated with, or somehow
favor the relabelers who do not disclose the brand of crap they thrust
upon the unknowning. In addition to what you say these generic inks
also clog printers. If you read posts for a while here you will read
about people who have clogged heads. Some of these will keep on using
the junk and get clogged heads again and maybe even ruin the printer.
But some of these posters just point out how much they saved. Of course
they will have to reprint all of their stuff and the results they get do
not look up to the quality of the OEMs.

If you sell your prints (very expensive) the Canon 5000 Professional
17"wide pigmented 12 ink printer is probably the one that gives the best
results and very good logevity. Longer than your lifetime if you were
just born.

Old September 17th 06, 05:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

wrote:

Great news huh? Well maybe not.
You referenced a "recently released" photography magazine without naming
the actual magazine. You're aware that most magazines survive on the
money paid to them by their advertisers, right mate? You probably saw a
lot of ads from Epson, Canon, HP, et al, in that magazine, right?

This is their rebuttal. But the intelligent people realize that you did
not only read magazines but tried and testing the who knows what your
self and confirmed all of the reviews. Now you see what I mean.

You
can also realize by reading the annual report from these companies that
a major part of their profits are derived from the selling of their
(over priced) oem ink carts right?

A major part of the profit of Nikon comes from selling overpriced Camera
and they do not make printers.

And a major part of Chevron profits comes from selling overpriced gas.

Now you don't actually think that a "recently released" photography
magazine would say anything good about after markets inks cause it might
jeopardize and endanger their future because of lost ad revenues?
You think?

Then you state that 'I have extensively used after market inks" but
"fortunately I had the foresight to have my prints professionally
printed"....

He wants to give good customer service to his customers.

Well Ron, your own statements are rather conflicting and actually
meaningless.
If you have a personal opinion concerning the use of aftermarket inks,
then please state it. Especially if you actual do use aftermarket inks.
BTW, be sure and name the inks,

He can't because the relabelers will not disclose to hime who the
mfg/formulator is.

your printer and the paper you use, ok?
Don't hide behind some unidentifiable 'recently released" photography
magazine, ok mate?
Only measher****head believes that kind of bull****!
Frank

Remember do not listen to the liars who have an association with the
relabelers. They are like the fundamentalists religous zealots. And
the jerk(s) use foul language.

frankly speaking! 8^)

Old September 17th 06, 05:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Ron wrote:

Now now there Frank. Dont attack me old mate. I posted here in good faith.
Keep a civil tongue in your head.

Even if he got it away from the place where the sun don't shine I doublt
if he could be civil. For you disagreed with him. You got what you
should expect.

I get photos that I sell professionally
printed because I own a canon pixma 8500 which, even with canon inks (dye
based) are known to fade over time. OK!!

The wide carriage 17" Canon Pro5000 12 pigmented cart printer ink is
estimated to last 100 years without fading.

I quote from magazine, 'Photo Review Australia', Spring 2006, page 9, with
the heading 'NEWS'. You still with me Frank?

SOCK IT TO HIM

Under sub heading 'ALTERNATIVE INKS SLAMMED' I quote directly:

"Testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) has revealed that the permanence
of prints made with third-party inks ("aftermarket" in the US parlance} is
"far inferior" to prints made with the inks from printer manufacturers. The
results of recent tests can be downloaded from
http://www.wilhelm-research.com/hardcopy/hardcopy.html.

I read that also and it is true.

[...]

They are aware but want to print in denial. All they care about is
paying less money but they do not realize that they are not saving
anything at all. As a matter of fact one yo yo posted that he saves
thousands of dollars and does not mind if he has to reprint his prints.
And the mentality does not differentiate if they graduated high school
or college.

As you can now see Frank I am not, to quote your below post: "Don't hide
behind some unidentifiable 'recently released" photography
magazine, ok mate?"

Quite frankly Frank if these posts 'push your buttons' then you have a
serious attitude problem.

You are very smart to have figured that out so fast.

I have extensively printed with third party inks,
loaded my own cartridges, on numerous occasions etc. I would never sell my
photos to a paying customer with these inks.

Cheers all

Ron from Downunder.

"Frank" wrote in message
m...

Old September 17th 06, 06:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Ron wrote:
--------snip the quip--------------

It's official!
Only that piece of **** moron measher****head believes that kind of
bull****!

Good'day mate!
Frank

Old September 17th 06, 07:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
frank

Ron wrote:
______________snip___________________

Well golly gee, guess what! WIR is PAID to conduct ink test for guess
who...All of the major ink/printer manufacturers. Epson, Canon, HP et al.
You don't suppose for one second that they have any influence over the
outcome do you? You don't think they actually chose the after market
inks (maybe even give them to him?) they pay him to test do you?
Oh but they do!
Not very cricket of them is it.

Also I don't see in his article where he tested any after market inks
I've ever used.

You see, only an idiot like measher****head believes that kind of bull****!

G'day mate!
Frank

Epson C88 - what aftermarket inks? Arthur Entlich Printers 1 July 20th 06 11:04 PM
Troll Richard Steinfeld Printers 61 June 21st 06 12:06 PM
Refill inks permanence test whatcartridge.com Printers 40 June 12th 06 03:09 AM
3rd Party Ink - PC World Excerpts measekite Printers 113 July 2nd 05 05:05 PM
Dye vs Pigment Patrick Printers 22 May 29th 05 09:44 PM