Flies stuck in LCD screen

Old August 27th 06, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Flies stuck in LCD screen

I have Samsung 740t monitor that shows several tiny flies on the
screen. I can only assume they are between the backface of the LCD and
the lamp assembly and are showing as shadows about 1-2mm long. I'm
assuming this as the LCD assembly itself is sealed airtight?? I don't
have this problem with my IIyama or a cheapo Mitec LCD is it a Samsung
problem?.

They look to all intents like dead pixels but they are definitely
flies. We call them Summer or Thunder flies in the UK as they also get
behind picture frame glass etc. and make their appearance around this
time of year.

Anyone had this before and what is best way to remove?

thanks

JC
Old August 27th 06, 06:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lez Pawl

wrote in message
I have Samsung 740t monitor that shows several tiny flies on the
screen. I can only assume they are between the backface of the LCD and
the lamp assembly and are showing as shadows about 1-2mm long. I'm
assuming this as the LCD assembly itself is sealed airtight?? I don't
have this problem with my IIyama or a cheapo Mitec LCD is it a Samsung
problem?.

They look to all intents like dead pixels but they are definitely
flies. We call them Summer or Thunder flies in the UK as they also get
behind picture frame glass etc. and make their appearance around this
time of year.

Anyone had this before and what is best way to remove?

thanks

JC

yes, I have them on my Samsung 193T and Dell M60 notebook
screen.........they have been there since the Wheat ripening as they breed
during this period.

I have done nothing yet but just might lift the top of my Dell to see if
they can be removed.

dj
Hampshire UK

Old August 27th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lee

Lez Pawl wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Why don't you try sucking them out with a vacuum cleaner?
Regards
Lee