Canon ip4000 cart all sponge?

Old September 24th 05, 01:16 PM
DC

Default Canon ip4000 cart all sponge?

I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge inside. Seem to work
allright though.

They don't drip at all and the air intake hole doubles as ink refill hole. I
refilled them without having the bottom intake covered and there was no dripping.
A couple of them (refilled) are sitting on my workbench without dripping for at
least two hours.

When they ran out of ink there was no warning of low ink of course. The paper
turned out bad.

Old September 25th 05, 11:34 AM
Davy

DCwrote:
[quote="DC"]I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge
inside. Seem to work
allright though.

All sponge inside...? Well, the ones I use there is sponge in 'one
half' of the tank and another chamber which has no sponge, mind you
they are Canon's.

The only way a cartridge can drip is if too much air as got inside due
to refilling too fast, no cartridge has a 'free run' of ink directly
to the head chambers, or what you will get is if you open the box,
break the seal and out comes the ink before you get anywhere near to
installing the cartridge.

Davy

Old September 25th 05, 11:34 AM
Davy

DCwrote:
[quote="DC"]I bought a set of Canon ip4000 carts. They are all sponge
inside. Seem to work
allright though.

All sponge inside...? Well, the ones I use there is sponge in 'one
half' of the tank and another chamber which has no sponge.

The only way a cartridge can drip is if too much air as got inside due
to refilling too fast, no cartridge has a 'free run' of ink directly
to the head chambers, or what you will get is you open the box, break
the seal and out comes the ink before you get anywhere near to
installing the cartridge.

If they are not OEM then maybe you'll tell us which brand they are.

Davy

Old September 25th 05, 03:33 PM
Davy

DCwrote:
[quote="DC"[color=blue]
http://www.fullmark.com.sg/Products/InkjetFrame.htm

[/color]

Thanks for info, if you consider the sponge in 2 compartments and
sponge in one compartment as in the OEM then will this not contain
more ink, meaning the sponge will be taking space up where the ink
should be - just curious thats all.

One Lexmark tri coloured tank I ripped open contained sponge.

Davy

Old September 25th 05, 09:33 PM
ian lincoln

"Davy" wrote in One Lexmark
tri coloured tank I ripped open contained sponge.

Davy

The only cart i've used that i have not had apart is the canon one cos they
are transparent in anycase. Epson HP and lexmark are filled to the top with
sponge. I thought this was totally a cheat to save on ink. Reducing
drippage was not something i thought of. However, an entirely filled sponge
cartridge is still unneccessary in my opinion. The half and half canon
approach seems the most honest so far. Making them transparent was also a
good move. The only other people to match this design were xerox when they
were still in the inkjet market. I have a business inkjet that is
lightening fast, loads of loading options and built like a tank. Their
downfall was not enough emphasis on photoquality. emphasis on photoquality
not build quality is what captured the market. Business use went to cheap
lasers rather than expensive inkjet.

Old September 26th 05, 10:20 AM
Adriatic

go a way of these chart.

Why? Simply becuse you will ruin your printers printhead.
Why ? Simply becuse when there is no ink in chart that is a same as driving
a car without a watter in cooler.

--
Pozdrav

adriatic