Could Canon ...

Old June 20th 05, 10:02 PM
Brendan R. Wehrung

measekite ) writes:
I know for a fact that sometime in the next 10 years Canon will
introduce a new model.

Mickey wrote:

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

Expected drivl from this "source".

Old June 20th 05, 10:04 PM
Frank

measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

Yes and very soon.
Frank

Yeh He has his brown tongue up Canon's Asshole.

Wrong again bird brain. You're the one who constantly kisses canon's ass.
All you have to do is read your own ****ing post moron.
Oops...that may too difficult for you.
frank
Old June 20th 05, 10:15 PM
Brendan R. Wehrung

"bmoag" ) writes:
Canon has probably the shortest product cycles of any manufacturer. However
they also repackage old technology as new. Most of the Pixma printers use
the same inks as prior i9x generation printers. If you use the same inks you
are using the same printer in a different package no matter what Canon tells
you.

Isn't that an advantage? I'm a Lexmark user considering Canon as my next
printer, and one of my criteria is "they offer the same carts for a long
time." For instance, Lexmark uses the same black in both my 5700 (not that
I use it any more) and Z52, but different color carts. OK, print quality
improved so the replacement is valid. My Z65 has an entirely different
(and smaller) set. It would have been nice to be able--and depend on
being able to buy--the same black for all three. With Canon, having tanks
instead of integral cartridges (and hoping that the seperate print heads
will not be cut out while I am still using the printer) i'd consider it an
advantage for the tank to usable over several product cycles. And find
them on the shelves, not cut out because the store didn't want to stock
older ink for discontinued models.

Brendan

Old June 20th 05, 10:27 PM
measekite

Anna Daptor wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

I do not think you will live long enough to see that.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch......

Hey sweatheart, they have been hatched and already went to the Colonel.

Anna Daptor wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
.com...

I know for a fact that sometime in the next 10 years Canon will introduce
a new model.

Provided they don't go out of business beforehand.

Old June 20th 05, 10:32 PM
measekite

Frank wrote:

measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

Yes and very soon.
Frank

Yeh He has his brown tongue up Canon's Asshole.

Right again Mr.brain. I am the one who constantly kisses canon's ass.
All I have to do is read Burtie Furtie's ****ing posts moron.
Oops...that has been very difficult for me.
frank

I guess you agree with me for the most part. Let me know when your lips
get chapped.
Old June 20th 05, 10:36 PM
measekite

Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:

"bmoag" ) writes:

Canon has probably the shortest product cycles of any manufacturer. However
they also repackage old technology as new. Most of the Pixma printers use
the same inks as prior i9x generation printers. If you use the same inks you
are using the same printer in a different package no matter what Canon tells
you.

Isn't that an advantage? I'm a Lexmark user considering Canon

That is like moving from Hell to Heaven. Be sure to use Canon ink.

as my next
printer, and one of my criteria is "they offer the same carts for a long
time." For instance, Lexmark uses the same black in both my 5700 (not that

We do hope they keep reformulating the ink to improve it.

Old June 20th 05, 10:50 PM
Dan G

I'm using the same bulk ink in 3 different Canon models. I'd call that an
advantage.

Aside from that, the PIXMA models are nothing like their predecessors. Many
functions and features were added, not the least of which is 2 paper feeds
and duplexing, silent operation, lower prices, etc, etc. Only someone who
has not used either model line would make that statement.

Old June 20th 05, 11:01 PM
Burt

Several of the Pixma printers use the same exact print heads as their
predecessors in the "I" series. Same ink cartridges as well. Except for the
one picoliter and the 8 color ink models there is little in the way of
actual printing technology that is new. My i960 is virtually silent. It
has a removable deck for 4x6 photo paper so that two paper feeds are
possible. The two paper feed feature is of little value to someone who uses
this printer as a dedicated photo printer. Likewise the Duplex printing
feature. For someone purchasing these printers for mixed printing use
these features my be of some value. For those of us who use them strictly
for photos and color graphics and have a laser printer for business or text
documents the extra features have little or no value.

Old June 20th 05, 11:06 PM
Frank

measekite wrote:

Hey sweatheart, they have been hatched and already went to the Colonel.

Yeah, along with what you had that passed for a brain.
Frank