Could Canon ...

Old June 20th 05, 06:28 PM
Mickey

Default Could Canon ...

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey
Old June 20th 05, 06:46 PM
measekite

I know for a fact that sometime in the next 10 years Canon will
introduce a new model.

Old June 20th 05, 06:58 PM
Taliesyn

Mickey wrote:
Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

They're definitely coming when you see rapid price drops.

That $80 printer is $100 Canadian dollars.

Although I haven't seen it at that price here, it would mean a set of
Canon cartridges bought at Wal-Mart or Radio Shack in Canada would cost
you more than the printer. Bought at Costco Canada that would be about
$85 in cartridges - but you have to buy 15 cartridges (five 3-packs) to
get that price.

-Taliesyn
Old June 20th 05, 07:27 PM
Frank

Mickey wrote:

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

Yes and very soon.
Frank
Old June 20th 05, 07:54 PM
bmoag

Canon has probably the shortest product cycles of any manufacturer. However
they also repackage old technology as new. Most of the Pixma printers use
the same inks as prior i9x generation printers. If you use the same inks you
are using the same printer in a different package no matter what Canon tells
you.

Old June 20th 05, 08:21 PM
measekite

Frank wrote:

Mickey wrote:

Wondering it Canon is about to release new models. Saw in Fry's ad
today the IP4000 on sale for $80 and this is not referb's.

Mickey

Yes and very soon.
Frank

Yeh He has his brown tongue up Canon's Asshole.
Old June 20th 05, 08:23 PM
measekite

bmoag wrote:

Canon has probably the shortest product cycles of any manufacturer. However
they also repackage old technology as new. Most of the Pixma printers use
the same inks as prior i9x generation printers. If you use the same inks you
are using the same printer in a different package no matter what Canon tells
you.

Canon does not have to tell you that"

You have twin paper feeds

You can print duplex

The drivers that control the results has been enhanced

It is faster.

Old June 20th 05, 09:18 PM
Anna Daptor

"measekite" wrote in message
m...
I know for a fact that sometime in the next 10 years Canon will introduce a
new model.

Provided they don't go out of business beforehand.

Old June 20th 05, 09:28 PM
measekite

I do not think you will live long enough to see that.

Anna Daptor wrote:

om...

Old June 20th 05, 09:57 PM
Anna Daptor

"measekite" wrote in message
I do not think you will live long enough to see that.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch......

Anna Daptor wrote:

. com...