Ink problem - Canon IP 4000

Old August 30th 08, 04:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

Default Update on Ink problem - Canon IP 4000

measher-****-head, the oem ink drinking fool wrote:

I bet you wish you actually had a real brain don't you?
But where would you put it and what would you do with it?...LOL!

Old August 30th 08, 07:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mary

"Stick" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
"Lou" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

snipped:

All Snipped (for speed)

Hi Mary,

When you use Kodak papers it is advisable to go to their web site and
download a profile of your printer. This allows it to print correctly on
their paper. This is some thing we have to do in the UK, don't know about

US
though. I would also recommend your try your nearest Cartridge World and
give their inks ago, preferably getting your carts refilled. It is quite
likely that your problem is caused by the Abacus carts, they do not have a
good reputation in the UK.

I am in Toronto Canada. I did a search and found Cartridge World has 600
locations in the U.S. and 20 locations in Canada, half in Ontario and one is
near me. I live in the suburbs. There are 5 stores in total in Toronto area.
One is near me. Others are nowhere near. Toronto is a huge city. I guess
Cartridge World just do refilling. I have been using Staples compatible
cartridges for years and they've been OK, till I had a problem with one
colour clogging. They are a bit cheaper than OEM's but not as much different
in money as there used to be. I prefer compatible carts if possible. I used
an ink refiller when I had an Epson printer years ago. I found with the
Epson I was always at the refillers. I am using Abacus compatible carts for
the first time and haven't found them too bad. I am still trying them out.
Its too soon to give my opinion of them. I think I might check out printing
photos at Walmart photo machines. I've never tried them. Home photo printing
takes so much ink and is expensive.

Do you mean get Kodak Easy software to get the profiles? I think there are
profiles in Kodak paper insert. But I've never used it. I've used the same
Kodak paper for years but recently I can't find it in stores. Its always
printed fine with the settings I use in Irfanview, so I didn't have a need
to download a profile.

Many cartridges bought online and also some bought in retail outlets
contain Generic ink ( not formulated for any specific cartridge), this can

be the
main problem. Inks used by Cartridge World ARE formulated for a specific
cartridge or group of cartridges so tend to be better than most others.

According to Abacus web site and according to the ink in the boxes they sent
me, the ink is suited to Canon IP4000 which is what I have. Printer models
are listed on their site for you to choose your model.

Hope this may be of some help.

Thanks for the info. I might check Cartridge World out sometime if Abacus
doesn't work out. .

Mary

Old August 31st 08, 06:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stick[_2_]

"Mary" wrote in message ...
"Stick" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
"Lou" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message

[...]

On the UK Kodak site, there is a section which allows you to download a
profile which is integrated into your printer settings. This then allows the
printer to print correctly onto Kodak Paper. Kodak paper is not thought of
well in the UK because of the problems associated with using it.
Stick

Old August 31st 08, 07:07 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mary

"Stick" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message ...

snip

[...]

The soft gloss Kodak photo paper I've used for 4 or 5 years seems to print
quite well. I'll check the UK Kodak site to see if it gives a profile for
Canon IP4000 printer. Thanks.

Mary

Old September 2nd 08, 03:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Lou[_2_]

Mary I'm going to snip out most of what we have written and just reply to a
few things that I will identify. I've been on vacation for the last week
and just got home or I would have replied sooner.

You mentioned you used Kodak paper. When I got my first Canon printer I had
gobs of HP paper of different varieties and Kodak paper. I found the Canon
printers didn't like the paper I had on hand so I switched to Canon paper
and eventually Kirkland paper also, which I use for photo printing. I
really like the Canon semi-gloss paper but I use it sparingly because of
price.

The troll Measkite keeps making nasty comments about printing and generic
inks. I don't comment back to him beceause it just starts a thread that
goes on and on. But I haven't used anything in my Pro 9000 yet except for
OEM and I use the printer sparingly. I actually have better color with
generic ink and the IP5000 compared to the Pro 9000, but the grain is much
finer on the Pro9000. What's funny is that the Kirkland paper actually has
less color cast than the Canon Photo Pro paper when I print on the Pro 9000.
I printed several 8x10s of a scanned photo of my son and his girlfriend and
I was really surprised by that. I had done a number of pictures or I should
say one picture from the camera with different settings on the 4x6 Photo Pro
paper trying to correct the red cast. I believe the paper is almost as
important as the ink. I have a old Canon G1 camera and a Konica Minolta
camera. Sony bought out K M. so I hope I never need repairs. I take lots of
pictures.

I don't think refilling is that hard, man or woman. I am not mechanically
minded at all. Sometimes simple things like changing batteries are a
challenge. Certainly everytime we get a new electronic gadget such as a TV
or VCR I feel really challenged, but ink refilling isn't hard. It takes
very little time. I generally wait until I need to refill several
cartridges instead of just one. I have paper towels handy if I need them and
yes every once in awhile that happens for one reason or another. I do it on
a surface saver placed very near to the kitchen sink. I have the hot glue
gun ready before I start and the tape handy to put on top of the vent hole.
I recap the bottles after filling the syringe even if I think I might need
more than what is in the syringe. I don't want to be a klutz and knock the
bottle over. Just cautious habits. Really, it is not hard and it takes very
little time. If I get a drop of ink on something or on my hands I use
Clorox Clean Up to make the stain go away. It's just personal preference I
guess.

I think it was the Red River and it goes through S.D. because we had talked
about fishing in S.D. too. Winipeg sounds familiar. I remember a historic
port we visited a couple of times and there was some kind of a museum ship
too that was close to the campgrounds. It's been a lot of years ago. Once
we drove across Ontario to get there but after that I think we came up
through the Dakotas. I always wanted to go back to Ontario and search for
my Canadian ancestors that migrated to MO but never did. The name Selkirk
comes to mind, but I don't know why.

Anyway, good luck and happy printing with whatever kind of generic
ink/cartridges you choose.

Old September 2nd 08, 07:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Lou wrote:
[...]

That makes sense. And Kodak paper does not work well in a Canon printer
as per Canon.
and I use the printer sparingly. I actually have better color with
generic ink and the IP5000 compared to the Pro 9000,

I do not believe you
but the grain is much
finer on the Pro9000. What's funny is that the Kirkland paper actually has
less color cast than the Canon Photo Pro paper when I print on the Pro 9000.

Kirkland paper (can no longer get the same Ilford made Swiss paper) has
somewhat more ripples in the glossy media but can hold its own against
Photo Paper Pro when used with Canon ink.
I printed several 8x10s of a scanned photo of my son and his girlfriend and
I was really surprised by that. I had done a number of pictures or I should
say one picture from the camera with different settings on the 4x6 Photo Pro
paper trying to correct the red cast. I believe the paper is almost as
important as the ink. I have a old Canon G1 camera and a Konica Minolta
camera. Sony bought out K M. so I hope I never need repairs. I take lots of
pictures.

I don't think refilling is that hard, man or woman.

It is a messy nuisance that can ruin your printer, fade your prints more
rapidly and produce lower quality results. That is the conclusion of
every worthwhile review.
[...]

What a nuisance.
I think it was the Red River and it goes through S.D. because we had talked
about fishing in S.D. too. Winipeg sounds familiar. I remember a historic
port we visited a couple of times and there was some kind of a museum ship
too that was close to the campgrounds. It's been a lot of years ago. Once
we drove across Ontario to get there but after that I think we came up
through the Dakotas. I always wanted to go back to Ontario and search for
my Canadian ancestors that migrated to MO but never did. The name Selkirk
comes to mind, but I don't know why.

Anyway, good luck and happy printing with whatever kind of generic
ink/cartridges you choose.

If you use generic you will not sustain happy printing.

Old September 2nd 08, 04:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measekite wrote:

Lou wrote:

[...]

Liar! You need to get a life or maybe a real brain. Drink more oem ink,
maybe that will help get rid of your quicker.

Old September 24th 08, 09:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
IntergalacticExpandingPanda

Default Ink problem - Canon IP 4000

On Jul 29, 8:33 am, measekite wrote:

Nobody makes even a facsimile of CLI-8 ink since it is new and
Canon has patents on it.

It's not that new dude. They were available in japan in 2004. You
know this is true because you complained about one aftermarket company
that accidentally sold BCI-7 ink before the ip4200 came out. You
laughed your little heart out.

But the point is you can't laugh at a company that got a shipment of
aftermarket BCI7/CLI-8 ink and then claim it doesn't exist.

The best advice is to use Canon ink in a Canon printer.

You know they made another change in the inks?

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...0_und_ ip4600

They are now smaller and cost more per page? Are you going to tell us
there is a technical reason for it?

Old September 24th 08, 05:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:37:43 -0700, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

On Jul 29, 8:33 am, measekite wrote:

Nobody makes even a facsimile of CLI-8 ink since it is new and
Canon has patents on it.

It's not that new dude. They were available in japan in 2004. You
know this is true because you complained about one aftermarket company
that accidentally sold BCI-7 ink before the ip4200 came out. You
laughed your little heart out.

Nobody has duplicated the new CL8 ink and now Canon is releasing an even
newer formula. Do not listen to the aftermarket liars.

Old September 25th 08, 01:44 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Sep 24, 9:03 am, measekite wrote:

Nobody has duplicated the new CL8 ink and now Canon is releasing an even
newer formula. Do not listen to the aftermarket liars.

You said so your self two years ago or so. A company sold the
duplicated ink for bci-6 printers and the colors were off. I know you
did lie as enough users complained about the results.

It was an honest mistake, one that you flooded this group with so why
do you lie now?

Now, near as I'm aware, there isn't ChromaLife100+ after market ink on
the market yet, but we don't know for a fact it's a new ink formula.
It tests better in dark album tests on PR202 paper, but that sounds
like a paper improvement not ink.

canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000 [email protected] Printers 1 July 20th 08 07:11 AM
canon IP 4000 Chuck Warren Printers 6 December 15th 06 12:45 PM
Canon IP 4000 Ricardo Morte Printers 4 June 20th 05 08:32 PM
Canon iP 4000 and i865 Emrys Davies Printers 5 November 22nd 04 01:40 PM
Canon FS 4000 D. Douglas Scanners 1 July 7th 04 08:43 AM