Cleaning Epson Printer

Old October 8th 05, 01:02 AM
measekite

Tony wrote:

measekite wrote:

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE A HIGH SCHOOL KID AND PROBABLY NOT OLD ENOUGH TO GO
TO THE PROM. EVERYBODY WITH KNOWLEDGE KNOWS THAT THE WEAKEST LINK IN A
COMPUTER SYSTEM ALWAYS HAS BEEN THE FLOPPY DISK AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE
RARELY USED.

The reason they are rarely used is because they have been superceded by larger
and cheaper (per MB) media. It's that simple.

ACTUALLY MOST OF THE HARDWARE IS QUITE RELIABLE. MANY OF THE PROBLEMS
PEOPLE HAVE CAN BE TRACED BACK TO ANOMOLIES IN THE SOFTWARE.

Stable hardware, by definition, is less reliable than stable software. Stable
software cannot wear out, become damaged by power spikes or people dropping it
on the floor or simply fail because of old age...it generally only becomes
unusable (unless modified) because of hardware upgrades. And before you leap
into print note that I referred to *stable* hardware and software both of which
have to go through alpha, beta and sometimes post release changes before they
can be considered stable.
Tony da Tiger

IN DA BUSINESS
Old October 8th 05, 01:05 AM
measekite

Burt wrote:

Tony wrote in message news

"drc023" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
.com...

ANOTHER ONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I HAVE SEEN THESE
KNOW
IT ALLS (MANY WHO BUY THE CHEAPEST ****) IN MANY OF THE COMPANIES I HAVE
CLEANED.

Well now we know the source of Measekites in depth computer knowledge -
Pushing a broom and emptying the trash cans.
--
Ron

What an excellent use of an MBA.
Tony

Measekite's MBA = Mop/Broom Associate. The truth is out. No wonder the
hallowed halls of Stanford University were a total mess before they
****canned (graduated in his terms) him!

BURTIE FURTIE IS BACK. DA POPE OF THE CHURCH OF THE LATTER DAY INKIE
STINKIES.

Old October 8th 05, 01:06 AM
measekite

Tony wrote:

"Burt" wrote:

Tony wrote in message news

"drc023" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
y.com...

ANOTHER ONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I HAVE SEEN THESE
KNOW
IT ALLS (MANY WHO BUY THE CHEAPEST ****) IN MANY OF THE COMPANIES I HAVE
CLEANED.

Well now we know the source of Measekites in depth computer knowledge -
Pushing a broom and emptying the trash cans.
--
Ron

What an excellent use of an MBA.
Tony

Measekite's MBA = Mop/Broom Associate. The truth is out. No wonder the
hallowed halls of Stanford University were a total mess before they
****canned (graduated in his terms) him!

I wonder if Stanford offers a degree in trolling, nothing to do with fishing of
course (a method of catching trout in lakes).
Sorry, silly question, they could only offer that if they applied a *maximum*
IQ for entrants.
Tony

THEY OFFER A DEGREE IN EXPOSING ASSHOLES LIKE TONY DA TIGER WHO IS IN DA
BUSINEES AND OFFERS IDIOTS IN THIS NG ADVICE TO HE CAN EVENTUALLY MAKE
MONEY. MAYBE TONY DA TIGER IS SMARTER THAN MANY OF DA SHMUCKS HERE /.
Old October 8th 05, 01:07 AM
measekite

Burt wrote:

Tony wrote in message news

"Burt" wrote:

Tony wrote in message news

"drc023" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
gy.com...

[...]

IQ - Idiot Quotient????? Our troll would be off the scales.

SIG HEIL

Old October 8th 05, 01:08 AM
measekite

RUHOT

LindaD wrote:

Interesting thread! So today I surveyed our department staff and more than
half said the printer. Others mentioned glitches with the computer, the
operating system or some individual piece of software. Nobody mentioned memory
devices or media. We have a running joke that when we have something to print
we should just send it to all the printers in the department. One of them
should be working. :-):-):-) Yes, Taliesyn, you're on the money with this
one. How many printers have you gone through in the last 5 years? Whatever
the number I know we beat you.

LindaD

Taliesyn wrote in
:

Without a doubt the printer is still, by far, the
weakest link in any computer system.

Old October 8th 05, 01:09 AM
measekite

Frank wrote:

Burt wrote:

Tony wrote in message news
"Burt" wrote:

Tony wrote in message news
"drc023" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah Burt, the moron already had you listed as "deceased".
What a jerk he is.
Frank the moron

WOW MORON TO MORON AND JERK TO JERK
HA HA HA HA
Old October 8th 05, 01:10 AM
measekite

Frank wrote:

Tony wrote:

measekite wrote:

[...]

Wow, I am is really dumb. I actually believe that software fails when
it only crashes and that hardware, (that often fails) does not is
simply ridiculously stupid.
Well, just as I am.
Nothing new.
Frank

Old October 8th 05, 01:42 AM
zakezuke

floppy disc media is not what the industry calls reliable.
all the professionials know this.

Yet some how floppy diskette was the standard on the PC for 20 years.
The design is much older, the first floppy disk was created circa 1967
(Shugart) when the more compact design came out, the 5.25 inch size the
name became diskette... the smaller version of the 8 inch disk. Use of
the word "disc" is incorrect as disc is technicaly a trademark of
Philips IIRC making reference to the compact-disc aka CD. But that's
neither here nor there.

The problem is your getting your blanket statements from PC-World,
which is really dummed down for your average consumer. Floppy disks
are not the most reliable form of media, but if you store them properly
you can reasonably expect the disk to remain readable for 5 / 10 /
perhaps 20 years. Part of the problem PC-World writers don't seem to
understand is the same rules apply to floppy drives as other forms of
magnetic media... the fact that floppy drives do require either
maintance or replacement after extended periods of use. It's generally
reccomended that maintance/replacement is done if there is a problem.
Simply put magnetic media will magnetize the heads affecting the
drive's ability to read. The 3.5 inch disks while storred in plastic
still need to be stored properly as dirt can scrape away your data
layer. You can observe this your self by keeping one 3.5 inch floppy
on the floor and one stored in a container or a drawer.

It's a perfectly fine design for storage and like with all things needs
to be stored properly to maintain a long life, just like any form of
media. But it's rather obsolete.

Old October 8th 05, 03:54 AM
Taliesyn

LindaD wrote:
Interesting thread! So today I surveyed our department staff and more than
half said the printer. Others mentioned glitches with the computer, the
operating system or some individual piece of software. Nobody mentioned memory
devices or media. We have a running joke that when we have something to print
we should just send it to all the printers in the department. One of them
should be working. :-):-):-) Yes, Taliesyn, you're on the money with this
one. How many printers have you gone through in the last 5 years? Whatever
the number I know we beat you.

LindaD

I seem to have come out ahead in your office poll. Surprise! Not.

It's not rocket science to figure out which part in any computer system
has the most potential troubles - paper jams, misfeeds, clogs, printhead
failures, mysteriously blinking lights (or no lights!), one colour
suddenly disappearing off the face of the earth, two colours mixing
together for no reason at all, streaky text, mysterious black smudges on
paper, a pop-up notice that my cartridge is suddenly not recognized, or
"please put in a new cartridge" when I JUST DID . . . etc, etc, etc.
Any of these common problems, and there are hundreds more, ring a bell
to anyone who has ever owned a printer? And that would be all of us.

I tried to think of some floppy and floppy drive problems I've had and I
couldn't really think of any. The only messages I've ever had using
floppies we "please insert another disk" or "this disk is not
formatted". Yeah, space was too limiting. But other than that, life down
floppy memory lane was never the frustrating relationship it has been
with printers, and printer newsgroup trolls :-).

Almost forgot. You asked me how many printers I've gone through in the
last 5 years. Well I've bought 5 since December 1999 - an Epson, a
Lexmark and 3 Canons. That's five printers in under 6 years. And I've
only changed computer systems twice in that period, with no individual
parts failing. On the other hand three of my printers failed - two were
junked and the third repaired. The fourth was retired in working order,
oddly it was the Lexmark (!), and the 5th is still working with glitches
now and then. So I stand by my my statement that the printer is the
weakest link in any computer system. Anyone today claiming that floppy
media is the weakest link is but a hack as the floppy plays virtually no
part in today's computers.

And I have an old printer joke for your office... The printer consists
of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking
red light.

-Taliesyn

Taliesyn wrote in
:

Old October 8th 05, 05:42 AM
Burt

"Frank" wrote in message
Burt wrote:
Tony wrote in message news
"Burt" wrote:

Tony wrote in message news
"drc023" wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
igy.com...

[...]

The reports of my death were, fortunately, premature.
Burt

Epson Cleaning Manual Patrick Carey Printers 5 July 26th 05 08:36 AM
wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Epson Printer Port Howard Printers 1 December 6th 04 12:36 AM
EPSON PRINTHEADS "IS THE TRUTH OUT THERE" Martin Printers 8 December 3rd 04 12:45 AM
Looking for a good HP/Epson printer that is similar to Epson Stylus Photo 785EPX... [email protected] Printers 11 November 15th 04 02:04 AM