"Hot" card of Pentium2 era?

Old June 26th 04, 05:34 AM
Travis

Default "Hot" card of Pentium2 era?

Could someone recommend what might have been the hottest,
old-style AGP slot card around in the late Pentium 2 days, maybe
2000-2001, to replace my tired TNT? I could then search Ebay for
it. I need Glide support and TV out, preferably S-Video.

The 1998 "STB Velocity 4400 w/TV Out" is in my old Pentium
2(400MHz/128MB/Soyo SY-6BA motherboard/W98se) recently replaced
by a new Dell and networked downstairs for Web and game duty to a
new Sony flatscreen. It will never equal the Dell for Red Baron,
et al, and I'm guessing dgVoodoo is way too demanding for a
P2/400 *regardless* of the card (sure is impossible with the
TNT), so inherent Glide support is probably important. I haven't
been keeping up, but is Voodoo 5 a candidate? Voodoo 3?

Many thanks!

Travis

Old June 26th 04, 08:21 AM
Dick Andersson

Travis utbrast:

Could someone recommend what might have been the hottest,
old-style AGP slot card around in the late Pentium 2 days, maybe
2000-2001, to replace my tired TNT? I could then search Ebay for
it. I need Glide support and TV out, preferably S-Video.

The 1998 "STB Velocity 4400 w/TV Out" is in my old Pentium
2(400MHz/128MB/Soyo SY-6BA motherboard/W98se) recently replaced
by a new Dell and networked downstairs for Web and game duty to a
new Sony flatscreen. It will never equal the Dell for Red Baron,
et al, and I'm guessing dgVoodoo is way too demanding for a
P2/400 *regardless* of the card (sure is impossible with the
TNT), so inherent Glide support is probably important. I haven't
been keeping up, but is Voodoo 5 a candidate? Voodoo 3?

Many thanks!

Travis

Voodoo 5 5500?
--
ÐIÇK

Släpp inte Mehdi Gezali.

Old June 26th 04, 03:41 PM
Dauntless

VooDoo 5500 hands down!

Dauntless

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!"
-Stuart Wilde-

"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."
-Bob Dylan-

Travis utbrast:

Old June 26th 04, 09:33 PM
Travis

Thanks for the reply, but the Voodoo 5 5500 does *not* support TV
Out.

VooDoo 5500 hands down!

-------------

Old June 26th 04, 10:04 PM
Travis

Many thanks for reading my post. The Voodoo3 3500 does have TV
Out as well as the Glide support I'm looking for.

Old June 26th 04, 10:08 PM
BRH

I don't think that the Voodoo5 5500 had TV out, IIRC. Otherwise, it would be
the card that you're looking for (if you can find one).

Old June 27th 04, 12:34 AM
Phil

[...]

Voodoo 5500 doesn't have TV out. If you really need this feature then
try Voodoo3 3000 (with TV out) or the V3 3500.

But if performance is more important than TV out then V5500 is the
your best bet.
Old June 27th 04, 05:42 PM
Beowulf

Travis wrote:

Many thanks for reading my post. The Voodoo3 3500 does have TV
Out as well as the Glide support I'm looking for.

---snip----

Don't forget to check out voodoofiles.com for drivers for 2K/XP. I'm
running a voodoo2 on a K6-III 550MHz XP pro system for Wing Commander
Prophecy. Also try

http://www.3dfxzone.it/index.php

These are 3rd party drivers, fast and relatively stable. Use it on the
Voodoo2 and just have a few triangle glitches once in a while. Works
way better than the wrappers I've tried for my G4.

Old June 27th 04, 08:56 PM
Dick Andersson

Travis utbrast:

Thanks for the reply, but the Voodoo 5 5500 does *not* support TV
Out.

Arrgh! No, it does not. Sorry!

--
ÐIÇK