avoid?

Old February 25th 05, 01:19 AM
doS

Default avoid?

Old February 25th 05, 01:47 AM
SteveH

"doS" wrote in message

Yep, I would definately avoid posting messages with just a link on them!

SteveH

Old February 25th 05, 01:55 AM
John Doe

"doS" wrote:

I would avoid any web site which rates merchants that buy products
and services from that web site. I know the argument is that they are
customer ratings, but in fact the web site determines which customer
ratings are published.

You have to use your head. If you become devoted, you subject
yourself to skewed opinions.

--
Writing the first dynamically timed systemwide macro recorder for
Windows XP. Please see (comp.windows.open-look). Coding help is

Old February 25th 05, 03:56 AM
John Doe

"Kill Bill" wrote:

Even if it's bull****?
http://www.resellerratings.com/openletter.pl

That doesn't help your cause.

.... it is a commercial web site
.... it sells services to the very same businesses it rates
.... it even sells advertising for its published ratings
.... it gets paid for links to merchants

A sixth-grader could figure it out.

I'm not saying they are corrupt, they're just doing business. If you
believe they are beyond reproach, then they are doing a good job of
pulling the wool over your eyes There is a well-established rule
that you do not take money from companies you pretend not to
advertise/govern for. I thought that rule was easy enough to
understand.

From: "Kill Bill" a b.c
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: avoid?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:20:55 GMT

Old February 25th 05, 05:13 PM
Bob M

John Doe wrote:

"doS" wrote:

I would avoid any web site which rates merchants that buy products
and services from that web site. I know the argument is that they are
customer ratings, but in fact the web site determines which customer
ratings are published.

You have to use your head. If you become devoted, you subject
yourself to skewed opinions.

This is so true. I just had a run in with the so called president of
resellerratings over just this. I wanted to post a mixed review and I
was denied. I can only guess it was because the merchant provides income
to this site. Furthermore I was threatened with a lawsuit by this same
jerk if I ever mentioned it on Usenet. Avoid Resellerratings.com.

Bob

avoid writing HDD-cache Alex Sauer General 2 November 23rd 04 03:46 PM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW Overclocking 41 June 1st 04 04:11 PM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW General 29 May 27th 04 07:37 AM
Avoid Circuit City MikeW Asus Motherboards 66 May 23rd 04 08:08 AM
Which brands should I avoid for ATI Radeon 9700 & 9800? [email protected] Ati Videocards 4 September 11th 03 12:46 PM