128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS?

Old November 15th 07, 10:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Desert Rider

Default 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8300GS?

On Nov 9, 8:43 am, "DRS" wrote:
"GMAN" wrote in message

In article , No One
wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Desert Rider wrote:

[...]

His system:
Inspiron 530, Intel Core2 Duo processor E6550 (2.33GHz 1333FSB)
w/Dual Core Technology and 4MB cache
2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
320GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Samsung 204BW 20-inch Widescreen Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

[...]

A 7600GS would be a much better choice for budget card.

Dell offers the 8300GS 128MB (+ $0), the 8600GT 256MB (+ $100), or the HD
2400 Pro 18MB (+ $10) as graphics options beyond the built-in Intel Graphics
Media Accelerator 3100 (- $50) for this Inspiron 530. It seems to me the
8600GT would best balance an E6550 with 2GB DDR2 RAM, unless the purchaser
had absolutely no interest in 3D graphics at all.

Sorry about the delay in replying. I don't think there is any issue
with 3D graphics. The user does absolutely no gaming, doesn't do any
image manipulation and will only use the system for internet browsing
and email. It sounds like the 8300GS should be adequate for these
purposes.

Thanks to all for the information.
Old November 16th 07, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Red Cloud

On Nov 15, 2:16 pm, Desert Rider wrote:
On Nov 9, 8:43 am, "DRS" wrote:

"GMAN" wrote in message

In article , No One
wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Desert Rider wrote:

[...]

[...]

Thanks to all for the information.- Hide quoted text -

Wow who need $200 or $300 or even $500 video board? I'm using $50
video board and I'm trying to go max and see if my card can't handle
what I need. So far, I got
everything I need from 50 bucks board.