Boot sector for 500GB DiamondMax 11 6H500R0 500GB ATA/133 required

Old May 8th 07, 10:43 AM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
IKD

Default Boot sector for 500GB DiamondMax 11 6H500R0 500GB ATA/133 required

Hi,

My Maxtor Shared Storage failed to boot up. I believe it was the case that
failed rather than the HD itself.
I can read the boot sector of the drive and the drive spins up etc when
plugged in.

I need to recover my data and I have found instructions on this site
(http://www.openmss.org/forum/viewtop...hlight=recover) that
will assit me in revovering my data. Problem is I get lost at the part to
set the partion settings in the windows readable boot sector.

If someone can create a valid boot sector or copy one from their drive (of
the same type) I would be most appreciative. Actually there is a DVD/CD of
your choice to the first person who provides the help I need to get my data
back.

Further info can be found at www.103home.com/boot_sector

Thanks

Iain

Old May 13th 07, 06:26 AM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
ddcc

Try "alt.comp.hardware" instead. This one is barely ever read.
Is there Windows on this MSS? Or is it just a propreiatry Maxtor network OS?
If so, it's going to be difficult to find someone with the proper MBR.

Old May 13th 07, 10:06 PM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Folkert Rienstra

"IKD" wrote in message u
Hi,

My Maxtor Shared Storage failed to boot up. I believe it was the case that
failed rather than the HD itself.
I can read the boot sector of the drive and the drive spins up etc when
plugged in.

I need to recover my data and I have found instructions on this site
(http://www.openmss.org/forum/viewtop...hlight=recover) that
will assit me in revovering my data. Problem is I get lost at the part to
set the partion settings in the windows readable boot sector.

If someone can create a valid boot sector

Try Resqdisk.
It can reconstruct it on the basis of partition bootsectors it finds.

Old May 13th 07, 10:06 PM posted to comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Folkert Rienstra

"ddcc" wrote in message
Try "alt.comp.hardware" instead. This one is barely ever read.
Is there Windows on this MSS? Or is it just a propreiatry Maxtor network OS?
If so, it's going to be difficult to find someone with the proper MBR.

Hey babblebot, did you hear that? You're in the wrong group.
A huge audience awaits your brainfar(c)ts in alt.comp.hardware.